Homebrew Can I share my edited save file between different region pokemon games?

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys!

So i understand that I can share my save file between different versions, but my question is that I have two cartridge games which I edited my save file with. They are pokemon alpha sapphire and pokemon Y (both North American cartridge). I wanna share my save file to my european cia installed pokemon omega ruby and pokemon X. Will the injection work? I.e. Will all my pokemon be legal and obey me? Will my trainer cards be the same etc? Would this effect online play?

Since I used pkhex to import a whole folder of Pokemon which I have to edit one by one, I don't wanna repeat that step 2 more times :(

Cheers buds!

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon games are the rare exception to the region lock rule. The only thing really keeping them from booting on any region console is a small amount of data, so you are fine. The only issues you should encounter would be related to injecting into the opposite game (or -> as x -> y etc)

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i think pokemon games are region free

Pokemon games are the rare exception to the region lock rule. The only thing really keeping them from booting on any region console is a small amount of data, so you are fine. The only issues you should encounter would be related to injecting into the opposite game (or -> as x -> y etc)

Ah, I only plan to inject AS to OR and Y to X, so in that case I am okay right? What about the pokemon data itself, since all pokemon game origin data? Since they will be originally from AS, would this effect anything in OR? The same with Y and X?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
(gbatemp is being unreliable) Your pokemon would technically be illegal since they will all say that they are from the wrong game, and any event flags that are version exclusive will likely be broken. There is no major issues from this from what I have done (I made a copy of my OR save and just threw it on my AS for backup back when ironfail was worshiped and my main console was on 9.2...)

Reactions: Garro

EternalSeekerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as you delete the secure value data after injecting the save file, you'll be fine.

I am using save data manager using Homebrew, how would i delete the secure value data?

(gbatemp is being unreliable) Your pokemon would technically be illegal since they will all say that they are from the wrong game, and any event flags that are version exclusive will likely be broken. There is no major issues from this from what I have done (I made a copy of my OR save and just threw it on my AS for backup back when ironfail was worshiped and my main console was on 9.2...)

Well to make this easier, I am editing a save file that is fresh in the sense as this was a save file after i got my starter, so no events that are version exclusive happened!! Another thing is beside the starter and event pokemon, all pokemon are eggs, would this remedy the illegality?

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am using save data manager using Homebrew, how would i delete the secure value data?

Well to make this easier, I am editing a save file that is fresh in the sense as this was a save file after i got my starter, so no events that are version exclusive happened!! Another thing is beside the starter and event pokemon, all pokemon are eggs, would this remedy the illegality?
You should be fine then, if you are using svdt/tdvs then you shouldn't have to worry about the secure value data

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone!

If I understand, I can take my save file from Pokémon Ruby Omega US/JAP and inject this to Pokémon Ruby Omega EUR with JKSV ?

Do you think we'll be able to make the same with Pokemon SUN/MOON US/JAP to Pokemon SUN/MOON EUR?
Because I'm annoy to wait untill the november 23th, and be spoiled by other regions until the november 18th...

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

If I understand, I can take my save file from Pokémon Ruby Omega US/JAP and inject this to Pokémon Ruby Omega EUR with JKSV ?

Do you think we'll be able to make the same with Pokemon SUN/MOON US/JAP to Pokemon SUN/MOON EUR?
Because I'm annoy to wait untill the november 23th, and be spoiled by other regions until the november 18th...
They are 99% likely to be the same rom so thanks for reviving this thread?

TUK_Pyroman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thanks for the answer.
I prefer reviving this thread, not too old, than create a new thread and be booed by other members...

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
Just a question, do you think the same would be possible for Pokemon Sun and Moon when they come out? Would like to play it when it comes out on November 18th then transfer the save to my cartridge when I receive it on November 23rd

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it will be possible. I've already been importing/exporting saves from the demo. It works just fine.
Just a question, do you think the same would be possible for Pokemon Sun and Moon when they come out? Would like to play it when it comes out on November 18th then transfer the save to my cartridge when I receive it on November 23rd
There is a 99% chance they will be the same roms so yeah, it will definitely be possible. It might not be the same for switching saves between sun and moon though (ORAS and XY saves were interchangeable to an extent).

Black ace

Trophies
XP
Country
There is a 99% chance they will be the same roms so yeah, it will definitely be possible. It might not be the same for switching saves between sun and moon though (ORAS and XY saves were interchangeable to an extent).
Awesome, thanks. XY were a lot of fun when it came out globally, its a shame Europe's been dumped with a later release date for SuMo but it is what it is

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Laid at the party is fun unless you're in prison lol