Can I share my edited save file between different region pokemon games?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EternalSeekerX, Jul 3, 2016.

1. EternalSeekerX
    OP

EternalSeekerX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Canada
    Hey guys!

So i understand that I can share my save file between different versions, but my question is that I have two cartridge games which I edited my save file with. They are pokemon alpha sapphire and pokemon Y (both North American cartridge). I wanna share my save file to my european cia installed pokemon omega ruby and pokemon X. Will the injection work? I.e. Will all my pokemon be legal and obey me? Will my trainer cards be the same etc? Would this effect online play?

Since I used pkhex to import a whole folder of Pokemon which I have to edit one by one, I don't wanna repeat that step 2 more times :(

Cheers buds!

2. fikatr

fikatr GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 29, 2016
    Turkey
    next to smea
    i think pokemon games are region free

3. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    Pokemon games are the rare exception to the region lock rule. The only thing really keeping them from booting on any region console is a small amount of data, so you are fine. The only issues you should encounter would be related to injecting into the opposite game (or -> as x -> y etc)

4. EternalSeekerX
    OP

EternalSeekerX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Canada
    Ah, I only plan to inject AS to OR and Y to X, so in that case I am okay right? What about the pokemon data itself, since all pokemon game origin data? Since they will be originally from AS, would this effect anything in OR? The same with Y and X?

5. nero99

nero99 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2014
    United States
    As long as you delete the secure value data after injecting the save file, you'll be fine.

6. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    (gbatemp is being unreliable) Your pokemon would technically be illegal since they will all say that they are from the wrong game, and any event flags that are version exclusive will likely be broken. There is no major issues from this from what I have done (I made a copy of my OR save and just threw it on my AS for backup back when ironfail was worshiped and my main console was on 9.2...)

Garro likes this.
  7. EternalSeekerX
    OP

EternalSeekerX Member

Newcomer
    Sep 28, 2015
    Canada
    I am using save data manager using Homebrew, how would i delete the secure value data?

Well to make this easier, I am editing a save file that is fresh in the sense as this was a save file after i got my starter, so no events that are version exclusive happened!! Another thing is beside the starter and event pokemon, all pokemon are eggs, would this remedy the illegality?

8. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    You should be fine then, if you are using svdt/tdvs then you shouldn't have to worry about the secure value data

9. TUK_Pyroman

TUK_Pyroman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Belgium
    Hello everyone!

If I understand, I can take my save file from Pokémon Ruby Omega US/JAP and inject this to Pokémon Ruby Omega EUR with JKSV ?

Do you think we'll be able to make the same with Pokemon SUN/MOON US/JAP to Pokemon SUN/MOON EUR?
    Because I'm annoy to wait untill the november 23th, and be spoiled by other regions until the november 18th...

10. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    They are 99% likely to be the same rom so thanks for reviving this thread?

11. TUK_Pyroman

TUK_Pyroman Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 29, 2015
    Belgium
    Thanks for the answer.
    I prefer reviving this thread, not too old, than create a new thread and be booed by other members...

12. Black ace

Black ace GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2010
    Just a question, do you think the same would be possible for Pokemon Sun and Moon when they come out? Would like to play it when it comes out on November 18th then transfer the save to my cartridge when I receive it on November 23rd

13. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 Jabberwocky Slayer

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Underland
    Yes it will be possible. I've already been importing/exporting saves from the demo. It works just fine.

14. ih8ih8sn0w

ih8ih8sn0w Koreaboo

Aug 22, 2015
    United States
    Hell
    There is a 99% chance they will be the same roms so yeah, it will definitely be possible. It might not be the same for switching saves between sun and moon though (ORAS and XY saves were interchangeable to an extent).

15. Black ace

Black ace GBAtemp Fan

Mar 1, 2010
    Awesome, thanks. XY were a lot of fun when it came out globally, its a shame Europe's been dumped with a later release date for SuMo but it is what it is