Can I move WoW?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Trollology, Jan 1, 2011.

Jan 1, 2011

Can I move WoW? by Trollology at 1:21 PM (651 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Trollology
    OP

Banned Trollology Banned

Canada
    Hello.
    So look guys I wanna move the WoW (World of Warcraft) installation from my brother's laptop to mine. I know I can download it myself but then I have to wait for the client to download all the patches which, altogether make up probably >10GB. Yes for real. My internet download speed is around 25kbps. I know it's terrible (stupid ISP scams me... I paid for 2mbps dammit!) So look I know that moving a WoW game from one laptop to another IS possible using an external hard disk. But like, WoW won't show up when you go to add/remove a program from windows. Okay, two questions now:
    1) Where can I find the reg file/whatever to make WoW show up in Windows's add/remove a program?
    2) Now look WoW has this option where when it's in the last stage of downloading, you can play while it's still incomplete and continues to download. My brother's laptop is in that stage, (still around 2GB left to download >.

2. Magsor

Member Magsor I am watching you

Canada
    just copy the goddam folder. Wow does not need to be registered with windows. you can evenplay it from a usb key/hd!

3. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Add/remove will not show up unless it's installed. Why do you want it there anyways? WoW will function just fine without it, give up on having it show up because it's not needed.

Wait until it's done downloading.

4. Arithmatics

Member Arithmatics I'll be holding on to you. ;}

Malaysia
    Why would you even play WoW in the first place? [/troll]

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    Everybody should play WoW, even if only to become bored of it and prevent them from losing their souls to it in the future.