Homebrew Can I get CFW For Free on 11.4.0-37U on N3DSXL?

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
if you didn't have an idea. you should be fine

Edit: yes, a 2ds can transfer to a n3ds but not vice versa

Thanks for the reply, so the transfer from the 2ds or o3ds will work for the purpose of the hacking a n3ds on 11.4 ofw?
I know it works for a normal system transfer as I did it with my nieces n3ds, I had a couple of digital games on my 2ds which I transferred to her n3ds when she first got the n3ds XL.

Edit: on the subject of system transfer, as I said my niece has a couple of digital games on her n3ds.

Before doing the transfer from a hacked 3ds/2ds to her n3ds can I some how save her save games?

As for the two games I'll have to d/l them again off the freeshop instead of the eshop right?

Also she's played animal crossing on my 3ds xl before, I can get the save file off my N3DS x using the save file managerl but will it work on the animal crossing I put on her n3ds?

Last edited by fowler002,

Picahacker_

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it is eur I am willing to do it for you
It's USA.

Can anyone just tell me if I can or can't do this?
Here's the rundown:
I have a N3DSXL on 11.4.0-37U.
I do not have a 3ds running CFW, on any firmware.
My friend won't help.
I will not hardmod.
Can I do this?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
On the subject of system transfer, as I said my niece has a couple of digital games on her n3ds.

Before doing the transfer from a hacked 3ds/2ds to her n3ds can I some how save her save games?

As for the two games I'll have to d/l them again off the freeshop instead of the eshop right?

Also she's played animal crossing on my 3ds xl before, I can get the save file off my N3DS x using the save file managerl but will it work on the animal crossing I put on her n3ds?
Set up homebrew on the N3DS before the transfer and use JKSM to back up the save game files. If you don't do this the saves will be lost.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

It's USA.

Here's the rundown:
My friend won't help.
I will not hardmod.
Can I do this?
No. But you may be able to do it in future if you have an Acekard 2i flashcart - wait for news. I imagine prices of the AK2i and any other compatible flashcart will rise after the announcement so be prepared to spend some money (and if you're willing to spend some money you'd be better off buying a 2DS and installing CFW on it to use for your N3DS, that way you don't have to wait for the announcement plus the 2 months shipping from China).

Last edited by Quantumcat,

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Set up homebrew on the N3DS before the transfer and use JKSM to back up the save game files. If you don't do this the saves will be lost.

Is it possible to get homebrew on a 11.4 ofw 3ds?
Hopefully her n3dsnxl is on 11.3 or lower so I don't need to mess around with system transfer etc.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
what's ntrboothax?

Basically the same as the Pandora battery/memory stick for the PSP. By turning on the 3ds with certain buttons held down while the lid is closed (simulated by placing a magnet on your 3ds in the right spot), it is possible to boot a specially formatted DS mode cart that can be used to install b9s or unbrick a bricked system. As of now the only flash cart known to be compatible is the Acekard 2i but there will be other ones that will work though nobody knows which ones yet.

Reactions: Blaze Uchiha

jmhannz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's USA.

Here's the rundown:
My friend won't help.
I will not hardmod.
Can I do this?
you can do it, you need someone like me that has multiple hacked 3ds, im located in NH where are you?
(i have the DSi title required to do the hack system transfer)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/L7XokiY