N3DSXL wont turn on.

NOT_ALEXANDER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My modded N3DSXL bumped against something, and I think it caused the top screen to flicker slightly. I tried to fix it by just following simple steps involving the battery. But I eventually just opened it up, and disconnected the cables and then put them back in again. I figured it would've worked, but now it wont turn on, just a small blue light before turning off. I made sure to take out the battery and microSD before doing all of this, but I did accidentally turn it on for a second before putting in the microSD, which made me see it wont turn on. What do I do? I looked at only the back/bottom side of the 3ds. I didn't open the top screen at all. The cables don't seem to have any serious damage at all, not even a little cut or anything, but I don't know any better. I feel like I didn't mess up plugging the ribbons back in, but I'll keep trying if that's all I need.

Vexthewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My modded N3DSXL bumped against something, and I think it caused the top screen to flicker slightly. I tried to fix it by just following simple steps involving the battery. But I eventually just opened it up, and disconnected the cables and then put them back in again. I figured it would've worked, but now it wont turn on, just a small blue light before turning off. I made sure to take out the battery and microSD before doing all of this, but I did accidentally turn it on for a second before putting in the microSD, which made me see it wont turn on. What do I do? I looked at only the back/bottom side of the 3ds. I didn't open the top screen at all. The cables don't seem to have any serious damage at all, not even a little cut or anything, but I don't know any better. I feel like I didn't mess up plugging the ribbons back in, but I'll keep trying if that's all I need.

The 3ds will not turn on if the cables are not plugged in all the way or damaged in the slightest, Make sure that all the ribbon cables that you disconnected are properly reseated, also it will help to clean the contacts with isaprope if they have got dirty during disassembly. As for the screen flickering, you can order a replacement easily, this may actually be the cause of your issue as mentioned above.

NOT_ALEXANDER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3ds will not turn on if the cables are not plugged in all the way or damaged in the slightest, Make sure that all the ribbon cables that you disconnected are properly reseated, also it will help to clean the contacts with isaprope if they have got dirty during disassembly. As for the screen flickering, you can order a replacement easily, this may actually be the cause of your issue as mentioned above.
How much damage would a cable need to no longer work? I felt like I was very careful, and there isn't a single tear of any size. Is it possible to get new cables, or would the new top screen come with them?

Maxwellp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If a screen cable is torn, you'd need a new screen.

Before going that route, reseat any cables, and try unplugging the camera cable then booting up.

NOT_ALEXANDER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I was dumb and I think I accidentally treated some of the pull out//plug in type tabs for the smaller cables as if they were the latch tabs. I pulled the little plastic back, thinking that was how I remove and insert those ribbons. Is this the problem? Can I fix this somehow?

Vexthewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How much damage would a cable need to no longer work? I felt like I was very careful, and there isn't a single tear of any size. Is it possible to get new cables, or would the new top screen come with them?

The top screen already has a cable attached that you plug in to the board, and if there is no damage on the cables then the issue is most likely the screen, so I would get the replacement and that should fix your issue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo