Hacking Can I be banned for updating a Sky3DS rom from eShop?

apoptygma

Trophies
XP
Country
No one can answer your question because no one here works in Nintendo's obline security dept. But you should be fine.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do you mean to download the update from your e-shop for a specific game? I don't think so as you don't need the game to download an update.

CrystalForce

I'm gonna "fix" that spaghetti.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it seems the answer is no. Thank goodness.

....still going to take out my cart while updating, though, me being too worried.

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're honestly that concerned about getting banned, sorry to break the news to you, but you have no business owning a flashcart. Being a pirate and having access to online functionality are two subjects that will eventually and inevitably be mutually exclusive. Getting banned for pirating games is not a matter of if, but when. Doesn't mean you can't have fun while it lasts and prolong the inevitable by taking as many precautions as you can, though!

Reactions: Usoppu and cearp

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Wait, what ? How can you update a rom if your cart is not inserted, if all the roms are saved on the microSD inside the cart ?
A ROM is just that, a ROM. It can't be updated or patched.
Patches are always saved separately to a different device. In the case of the 3DS, this is the system SD Card.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
A ROM is just that, a ROM. It can't be updated or patched.
Patches are always saved separately to a different device. In the case of the 3DS, this is the system SD Card.

Yeah, but if the cart is not inserted, does e-Shop even recognize that the "owns" that game ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-