Can ayone with Amiiqo get their hands on Cloud, Corrin, or Bayonetta amiibo?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by RemixDeluxe, Jul 16, 2016.

1. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    I don't know if Nintendo has forgotten about the last 3 DLC characters or......some other stupid reason I can't think of.

Anyways I don't have the slightest idea how NFC works but has anyone at all just tried randomized string of info and hope it turns up as any of the missing 3? Is there a pattern on how the data is made up now?

2. AlanWeird
    This message by AlanWeird has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 16, 2016, Reason: Rude -rp.
    Jul 16, 2016
  3. Gamzam
    This message by Gamzam has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 16, 2016, Reason: Reply to trashed post -rp.
    Jul 16, 2016
  4. Mikemk

Mikemk GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 26, 2015
    United States
    If Nintendo had a file listing the NFC data of all Amiibos including planned prototypes, and if that file were available in the Wii U SDK, I would not be able to tell you about it.

Keep in mind, this is all hypothetical.

5. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    @RemixDeluxe
    Abusing the report function is a bannable offense - we'll take care of reports when we see them, spamming the report button won't help.

6. VinLark

VinLark This machine kills bourgeois sentimentality.

Jun 11, 2016
    Trinidad and Tobago
    4chan and other wonders of the internet
    ffs there is a whole site for this. Look around. I can't give you the site because warez but look for it. You can't just put in a random string of data and BOOM "WOAH I HAZ THE NEW DR.MARIO AMIBO!!!111".

7. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Actually, it is possible using random strings of data. :) At a rate of 1000000 attempts per second, and asuming that amiibo has 512 bytes of data, it will take 4.31x10^140 years to get the right one. (To have a comparation, the Big Bang occurred 13.79×10^9 years ago.).

We can't just change a byte and make it work, amiibo has several hashes and encryption, that's why we need existing dumps, so hashes match and decryption works. (With Ninty keys, it would take a bit less of time :P)

Last edited by PabloMK7, Jul 16, 2016
    pelago likes this.
  8. RemixDeluxe
    OP

RemixDeluxe GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 23, 2010
    United States
    My apologies.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

So the data is encrypted, however I figured there would be a pattern to each amiibo thus narrowing it down.

Last edited by RemixDeluxe, Jul 16, 2016
  9. PabloMK7

PabloMK7 Red Yoshi! ^ω^

Feb 21, 2014
    Spain
    Yoshi's Island
    Yes, there are some parts that aren't encrypted, however the relevant ones are. The non encrypted parts have hashes tho afaik.