Hardware Can anyone print a rcm jig for me?

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I could make them in the UK for a couple of quid, I will print some of the wire versions which seem to be much simpler to make/use

can be made in a veriety of lovely colours
ok, it just really Green,gold,silver,yellow,black or grey

Last edited by gamesquest1,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I could make them in the UK for a couple of quid, I will print some of the wire versions which seem to be much simpler to make/use

can be made in a veriety of lovely colours
ok, it just really Green,gold,silver,yellow,black or grey
Please, yellow... And I will paint it over with some violet somehow... The perfect Wario Edition.
(now I'm only missing the "shipping to Germany" part)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Please, yellow... And I will paint it over with some violet somehow... The perfect Wario Edition.
(now I'm only missing the "shipping to Germany" part)
shouldn't be too much to ship to Germany if you don't want tracked shipping, I will double check but I guess with it being so small it will just be a pound or so on top

Reactions: peteruk

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
shouldn't be too much to ship to Germany if you don't want tracked shipping, I will double check but I guess with it being so small it will just be a pound or so on top
I would actually want two... perhaps we could talk it over by PM or in a WTS thread, specially how to pay for it (paypal? SEPA bank transfer? I guess almost anything will do)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
just for show here is a final made jig, anyone PM me if you want one :)

20180425_135004.jpg

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
printing that thing is not a big deal, but how/where to get that fork?
yes this is what i want to know
they talk about micro USB port pins
but i am not sure exactly what they mean i would like to see a video of a tear down of whatever part that they extracted the pins from
i am talking about the fail overflow posted picture of a jig where it says something about pins from the inside of a micro usb port

Reactions: naddel81

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i need one too......i am from Germany .....and i cant mod my joycons i cant afford new ones.
Then PM gamesquest1 and arrange that :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

yes this is what i want to know
they talk about micro USB port pins
but i am not sure exactly what they mean i would like to see a video of a tear down of whatever part that they extracted the pins from
i am talking about the fail overflow posted picture of a jig where it says something about pins from the inside of a micro usb port
The 3D model from fail0verflow is more complicated, it requires that after printing you go and buy a female micro usb type b socket, break it up, remove a couple of pins, bridge the pins left together, and superglue the socket to the thing you 3d printed.

This other model above is a simplified version, it doesn't require you to buy and destroy a usb socket, it uses a piece of wire instead.

PS: In case you missed the link https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2877484

Last edited by sarkwalvein,
Reactions: peteruk

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then PM gamesquest1 and arrange that :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The 3D model from fail0verflow is more complicated, it requires that after printing you go and buy a female micro usb type b socket, break it up, remove a couple of pins, bridge the pins left together, and superglue the socket to the thing you 3d printed.

This other model above is a simplified version, it doesn't require you to buy and destroy a usb socket, it uses a piece of wire instead.
yes i got all that
i was just trying to figure out what they got the pins from
i mean i thought of something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-us...ab-2-A7-20-A7-20F-Ideapad-A1000-/151150027748
but then i thought no way the pins look like they are too bog to have come from something so small

i have not looked into the joycon rail of my switch to see how big the pins in there are so have no idea what size pins wuld be needed

Last edited by weatMod,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yes i got all that
i was just trying to figure out what they got the pins from
i mean i thought of something like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Micro-us...ab-2-A7-20-A7-20F-Ideapad-A1000-/151150027748
but then i thought no way the pins look like they are too bog to have come from something so small

i have not looked into the joycon rail of my switch to see how big the pins in there are so have no idea what size pins wuld be needed
In the f0f version, the pins came exactly from there.
You have to open the metal enclosure, take away the inner part, and that's the pins they used.

Reactions: weatMod

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the f0f version, the pins came exactly from there.
You have to open the metal enclosure, take away the inner part, and that's the pins they used.
ok that is what i thought i just imagined the pins would be bigger
also the fail overflow version looks like it might be safer to me
the one gamesquest posted with the wire looks iffy to me
the fail overflow version have bent springy pins the ends of those copper wires look like they may damage the pins

Luhof

Trophies
Website
luhof.fr
XP
Country
France

Wow totally didn't thought of looking if there were some easier jigs on thingiverse. Thank you ! We have a small 3d printer at work, I'll print a handful of these... Tempers from France, PM me if you reaaaally need one

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I need to get a micro USB socket for this to put it in? or glue it in?
no that one uses just copper wire , the one fail overflow posted looks different and uses the pins from a female USB type B micro usb port

this is the FoF version that uses the USB pins

rcm-jig.jpg

the one you posted the thingieverse link to is this one ,it just uses a copper wire
20180425_135004.jpg

rcm-jig.jpg

Last edited by weatMod,
Reactions: naddel81

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4