No RCM detected, no normal boot occurring

yopo_nj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awhile back I bought an unpatched switch and started running Atmosphere. In retrospect, I had a poor understanding of what I was doing.

I realized a few days ago that I was using CFW on the SYSNAND, not an emulated NAND. I proceeded to remedy the issue by creating emuMMC. The next step was to restore my backup NAND. The restoration process was completed in Nyx. EmuMMC worked just fine, but I couldn't boot into CFW SysNAND or OFW SysNAND. I was getting the following message:

"Pkg2 Decryption failed!
Pkg1/pkg2 mismatch or old Hekate!
Failed to launch HOS!"

Somewhere along the line I disabled Auto RCM. On the last reboot, nothing happened. Now, despite holding the power down to try and hard power down, then trying the jig and "hold +, press power", RCM is not being detected by Tegra. I never had this issue before, prior to enabling and disabling Auto RCM.

I tried using a different cable and reinstalling drivers, but to no avail.

I'm thinking the console is just not powering down, stuck in some failed boot limbo. I'm going to keep it off the charger for an extended period in the hopes the battery dies. Then I will charge and attempt to get into RCM again.

Has anyone run into this issue?

If I do get back in, is there any way to restore my NAND? The only backup I have is the one I tried to restore.

yopo_nj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Impeeza, thank you for your reply. I read a few posts pertaining to RCM issues, but none seemed to uniquely apply to my situation. I do have the latest versions of Hekate and Atmosphere. Of course my biggest issue now is that I cannot get into RCM.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
firts, press power button for 30 seconds continous.

put a JIG on righ joy-con rail, or use your prefered method.

press Vol + and quickly press Power button and DO NOT let go Vol + for some seconds.

try again inject a payload. try again combinations of cables / ports.

yopo_nj

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

press Vol + and quickly press Power button and DO NOT let go Vol + for some seconds.

Unfortunately, did all that already. I do appreciate you though. My last hope is that it's just frozen and won't power down. I'll keep it off the charger for a day, 2 days, 3, etc and keep trying.
Post automatically merged:

I got RCM to load. I subsequently re-restored my sysNAND. It worked! There must have been an issue the first time around. Thank you again.

Last edited by yopo_nj,
Reactions: impeeza

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: old men discussion