Homebrew Question Can anyone explaine gag order and how it should work?

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did quite a bit of searching on this and best I can tell supernag is a name for the console nagging you about updating. Gag order fixes this but when I run it it says supernag not found on console. So that implies its a program of some sort? So what is it the nagging or a file? How do I stop the console from demanding me to update a game and just play it?

OS sx 2.2.0
switch 6.1

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Get your support request out of the emulation, homebrew and software projects forum please.

Helping someone to look up certain terms on the internet, is none of those.

You are on the most current firmware.

There is only one possibility of your switch demanding any update - and that would be a game update.

You couldnt even differentiate between that and a system update. (Supernag > a system update thing.)

The only reason a switch game would _demand_ a game update, is - if you've already updated that game before, and then deleted it, and that switch now knows, that there is a newer game update available. If you are online - and you are using SX OS chances are that you'll be banned any second anyhow - in which case the "search for game updates" option would error out. So, if you are a gimpf, that hit that manually, while being on SX OS - dont worry, your ability to do that a couple more times will go away as soon as you are banned. Any minute now...

In some (limited) cases, the default switch firmware already knows of gameupdates in some games. In that case it wouldnt prevent you from launching the game though, it would just tell you that there is an update every time you launch it.

You can fix all of those cases, by actually installing the most current gameupdate (/your switch knows off) as an nsp.

Also - for gods sake - start using a proxy (f.e. 90DNS) or airplane mode to not let nintendo look at all your SX OS glory, all the time, if you dont do that already.

Also on 5.1.0 you couldr eset the "known game version available" value for a certain game in devmenu. On 6.0.*+ you cant.

And now I hate myself for the upcoming 30 minutes, for having helped an a "needs personal support, quickly" gimpf, posting in the wrong forum, and having SX OS on their system.

And I only did it, because the gimpf couldnt even differentiate between system and game updates, and this could lead to confusion on part of lurkers.

Also - gag order - not the tool for this case at all.

But all those SX OS suckers, have a thing for PRified names...

Also, with future SX OS requests, eff right off. At least I wont make a habbit out of supporting SX OS marks.

Also bring something to the table if you want your issues solved next time. Anything, really. Makes us feel better.

Last edited by notimp,

ulao

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main reason I ask is because of axiom. You said I can fix all of those cases, but axiom verge will not update as I'm blocked and there is no nsp. Otherwise I have found the updates I need for most games and what you say is true. It's ironic because this is not even a game, its a fan game. I just figured all of this talk about supernag would help my situation but apparently it just ruined your day.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Then there is no solution (at the moment). Not on 6.1.0. afaik.

Also thank you for making me translate the conceptual information down to your specific usecase. I feel so much better now.

Last edited by notimp,

gartlan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ulao: Assuming you have installed a game update and the game's a v1.0.0 xci, try this. Uninstall the game update, you should now be able to play the game without the update. Other posts on this subject, say this won't work....but try it, it will work.

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Here is where you reset required version for games on up to 5.1.0 in devmenu:
QghWkf8.jpg

src: https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-h...enu-without-going-to-maintenance-mode.512576/

Last edited by notimp,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol