ROM Hack Can anyone draw title screens?

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
United States
Does anybody have any any experience on drawing title screens within a certain color palette? I don't, which is why I'm asking if anyone can. The title screen that'd I want made is one for Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2. Right now, the translation is going pretty well and I hope to do a full translation. If you want to learn more find my thread for Doki Doki Majo Shinpan 2. Like I said though, being a DS Graphic, the title will have to be within a certain palette. I have the palette for it, so I can give that to you too.

The palette is a good 64 colors, so it's too hard for someone like me to do.
 

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Member
Joined
May 28, 2008
Messages
1,002
Trophies
0
Location
toronto
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
398
Country
Canada
I would love to do it. offset for the graphic start and (rom information) will be needed. If you already have a basic idea of what you want let me know...

Currently woorking on a 7th dragon translation (all the maps and as much of the other graphic work that needs to be translated is already done, just slowly piecing together a table file so i can get on with the other translating stuff)
 

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
United States
rastsan said:
I would love to do it. offset for the graphic start and (rom information) will be needed. If you already have a basic idea of what you want let me know...

Currently woorking on a 7th dragon translation (all the maps and as much of the other graphic work that needs to be translated is already done, just slowly piecing together a table file so i can get on with the other translating stuff)
Well, here's the title screen.

TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR.jpg


I basically want the yellow text at the top of the logo to say "Doki Doki". I want the blue section of the logo to say "Ma", I want the pink section that follows to say "jo" and you can put "Shinpan" through the purple and orange sections.

If you want to find it in the rom, it's in _Data\Bg\Talk\Normal\Sub\TalkBg_00_00_s.NCLR

Also could you do one version of the logo with the background and one without it? That would be cool to(Since the same logo is used in another file).

One more thing you don't have to do, but might be cool, is to make an English version of the title, basically with "Heart-Pounding" in the above yellow text. Then in the text below try and fit "Witch Investigation" throughout the blue, pink, purple and orange sections.

Try and keep all the little objects like the Witch Hat and stuff that were in the original logo.

And for that text inside the circles at the bottom of the logo, you can just try to fit "Doki Doki Majo Shinpan".
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-DD.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HP.png


Images moved to their own folder /organizational obsessiveness



Colors should be mostly alright, all colors I used were sampled from the original image.
 

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-DD.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HP.png


PSD + both PNGs: http://www.mediafire.com/?kmzmozeyjjm


Colors should be mostly alright, all colors I used were sampled from the original image.
Thanks, I'll to insert them. You'll definitely be credited.

Also, if possible, could I also have a version with a clean background? I'm just asking because the title also appears somewhere else in the rom and with a clean background, it would be a simple copy and paste.

Also one other small change I'd like for the one with "Heart Pounding" at the top, could you actually replace the MajoShinpan text, with Witch Investigation and then at the bottom, change witch investigation to Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? If you could that would be great.

Also in the first one, could you change the witch investigation thing at the bottom to Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? It would make it closer to the original logo.
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Also, if possible, could I also have a version with a clean background? I'm just asking because the title also appears somewhere else in the rom and with a clean background, it would be a simple copy and paste.Do you mean just the background with no text?
Or just the text with no background?

QUOTE(WataruKun @ Nov 24 2009, 07:03 PM) Also one other small change I'd like for the one with "Heart Pounding" at the top, could you actually replace the MajoShinpan text, with Witch Investigation and then at the bottom, change witch investigation to Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? If you could that would be great.

Also in the first one, could you change the witch investigation thing at the bottom to Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? It would make it closer to the original logo.
Sure.
I'll get right on it.


Images updated.
 

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
WataruKun said:
Also, if possible, could I also have a version with a clean background? I'm just asking because the title also appears somewhere else in the rom and with a clean background, it would be a simple copy and paste.Do you mean just the background with no text?
Or just the text with no background?

QUOTE(WataruKun @ Nov 24 2009, 07:03 PM) Also one other small change I'd like for the one with "Heart Pounding" at the top, could you actually replace the MajoShinpan text, with Witch Investigation and then at the bottom, change witch investigation to Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? If you could that would be great.

Also in the first one, could you change the witch investigation thing at the bottom to Doki Doki Majo Shinpan? It would make it closer to the original logo.
Sure.
I'll get right on it.


Images updated.
Cool, thanks for the hard work. You'll definitely be credited. It's pretty much perfect. See that black thing in the orange text though, could that be added to the English titles? I know I've asked a lot, but that would make it perfect. Also notice the stars in the original logo, could those also somehow be added?

Those would make it perfect. Still, the work you've done already is amazing, you're very talented. Adding those things would make the titles all the more perfect.

Also if possible, along with the edited 2 images, could I get 2 other images of the logos, without the background?
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
Well... it went faster and I had more free time than I had expected.
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-DD.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HP.png

TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-DD_logo.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HP_logo.png

I can easily move any of the stars/bug(?) around wherever you think they'd fit best -- it is as simple as opening the file and drag/dropping them.


Also, you should test it out by inserting it and tell me if there's any pixels I need to clean up.
You should be able to check using No$GBA, and send me a screenshot of anything that looks wrong.
 

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Well... it went faster and I had more free time than I had expected.
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-DD.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HP.png

TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-DD_logo.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HP_logo.png

I can easily move any of the stars/bug(?) around wherever you think they'd fit best -- it is as simple as opening the file and drag/dropping them.


Also, you should test it out by inserting it and tell me if there's any pixels I need to clean up.
You should be able to check using No$GBA, and send me a screenshot of anything that looks wrong.
Looking perfect dude(Or dudette, I don't know). I'll try to insert it. Thanks for all the hard work, you'll be credited. I've decided I'm going with the Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, to keep the original title, but could "Witch" on the English one be turned to "Magical"?
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
WataruKun said:
Looking perfect dude(Or dudette, I don't know). I'll try to insert it. Thanks for all the hard work, you'll be credited. I've decided I'm going with the Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, to keep the original title, but could "Witch" on the English one be turned to "Magical"?I can change whatever you want
tongue.gif


So you want it to say:
QUOTE said:
Heart-Pounding
MAGICAL INVESTIGATION
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan
That might be a little bit too long and squished... but I'll give it a try.


Edit: Actually, it looks a little better for some reason..... weird
tongue.gif


TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HPMI.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HPMI_logo.png
 

WataruKun

Rom translator.
OP
Banned
Joined
Sep 12, 2009
Messages
616
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
130
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
WataruKun said:
Looking perfect dude(Or dudette, I don't know). I'll try to insert it. Thanks for all the hard work, you'll be credited. I've decided I'm going with the Doki Doki Majo Shinpan, to keep the original title, but could "Witch" on the English one be turned to "Magical"?I can change whatever you want
tongue.gif


So you want it to say:
QUOTE said:
Heart-Pounding
MAGICAL INVESTIGATION
Doki Doki Majo Shinpan
That might be a little bit too long and squished... but I'll give it a try.


Edit: Actually, it looks a little better for some reason..... weird
tongue.gif


TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HPMI.png
TalkBg_00_00_sNCGR-HPMI_logo.png
Thanks and nah, it looks cool to me. Again, thanks. I'll try inserting them.
 

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2008
Messages
4,979
Trophies
0
Website
Visit site
XP
219
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
And good job u two, how u change the pics like that?
You can use tools like TileMolester and CrystalTile2 to view images... though not 'directly'.
You need to know offsets and insert/remove headers/pallets and some other stuff that's beyond me
tongue.gif


I could manage to get a few images out of Ranganrok DS when I was working on that, but I didn't understand it back then, and it's been many months since I did it last.
 
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol