Homebrew Can anyone create a homebrew capable of extracting...

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Basically it has a very large save file (some flash cards put it at 16MB, some at 32MB) and as far as I know, there's no tool to extract the save file. This would be very useful, as it would allow users to rip the DLC they download from the game's Wi-Fi servers from their save. The Japanese version has a tool, but it's an 8MB save and thus the tool doesn't work for the European version.

I have no programming knowledge and thus don't really know what would need to be done in order to make such a tool but... it can't be too hard, can it? >_>

I also wish someone would make some way to bypass the AP from both the Japanese and European versions to allow them to download DLC directly to their dumped game so such a tool wouldn't be needed in the first place, but I've heard that it's very difficult/impossible to come up with such an AP fix...

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's not really AP. it's just that every retail game has a specific code in there to download songs.

i think that the only option is to find someone with the retail game and have them download the songs, then dump their save.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
basher11 said:
it's not really AP. it's just that every retail game has a specific code in there to download songs.

i think that the only option is to find someone with the retail game and have them download the songs, then dump their save.

Right, that's the current option, and what I plan to do with my Japanese version save once I get a slot 2 card so I can use the existing tool for that.
But that doesn't remedy the problem that said tool still doesn't work with the Euro version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte