Can a lawyer please take a look at this?

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I spent the whole of my secondary school without a uniform. Course wearing a uniform is a must if you are a Prefect. The irony was that after I left, everyone had to wear uniforms... in the form of a hoodie with a school logo and the local shopping mall which is 10 minutes away where people get their lunch had a hoodie ban for a while.

It's this reason of why I never had a uniform that I still can't tie a tie.

Man18

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i graduated over a year ago. Highschool was fun so dont feel sad about having to go. The florida school system sucks so you will get use to it. I had a rough time going to school in polk county.

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What the fuck is with American Schools? High School starts like September 7th in Canada in most places... August 31st at the earliest

moisesmcardona

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I live in Puerto Rico. Usually, schools ends something around May 16, then it starts around August 10. My school ended in May 16 and starts in August 8. Also every school in Puerto Rico uses uniforms. The good things about schools in Puerto Rico is that we have a lot of days off, and in Christmas we have like 3 to 4 weeks off (something around December 15 to January 10).

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Linkiboy said:
Well here is the situation... I just got a letter(from my school), one that seemed like a simple reminder to do your summer reading, but at the end there was a little tidbit that felt like someone just wrote my name in the Death Note:

QUOTE said:
We'll see EVERYONE Monday, August 11, 8AM - 2:30PM, in full uniform. Report to the GYM.

August 11th?? What the shit? That's not right. In fact, I remember last year they were planning to start on the 11th too, but it got pushed to the 18th. After some digging, I found a Florida State Law regarding starting times for education, 1001.42 f.s. (2)(f);

QUOTE(f) Opening and closing of schools; fixing uniform date.--Adopt policies for the opening and closing of schools and fix uniform dates; however, beginning with the 2007-2008 school year, the opening date for schools in the district may not be earlier than 14 days before Labor Day each year.

14 days... so the soonest time they can start is the 18th, right? Now here are when my doubts come in: its a private school. However since they have an entire chapter dedicated to public education (here), I'm assuming 1001 applies to both private and public institutions.

Can a lawyer please verify? Or someone? I'm planning to call/visit them tomorrow but I don't want to look retarded.
They start the 8th in Florida. It's completely legal, you should look at amendments. For every rule a loophole and for every loophole a rule.

Also, the above is 100% correct, due to days lost by hurricanes and stuff they have been pushing the school year back. I don't see the logic in it myself as it just means more time within storm season but whatever.

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
I lol at all of you as a point your sad faces, my buddies, since in Spain the earliest we begin is the 15th of September. For uni, I'll begin the 1st of october... Then, on the 10 of december, we have holidays till second week of january, after several "connected holidays" in between. Then, a month of holidays in february.... then easter, then another month of holidays and we end about... 30 of juny. Not bad! (thats for uni only, anyway... we have like 6 hours every day in a row and our school is quite tough and based on memorizing bleh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER