Hacking Can 3DS downgrade to firmware 10.1 max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Its weird to see many users online only when this kind of topic appears.

Back to topic, I just saw smealums reply. I believe him, if this is true then ok it would be great.

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry just late to the party, and haven't read anything beside OP.

When it said it could work with everyfirmware supported by Hax 2.5, does it mean even the 10.3? Cubic Ninja can be used to install hax 2.5 on any 3DS/2DS right (I was busy last few days so didn't have much info regarding 10.3 firmware)?

Reactions: Deleted User

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Cubic Ninja can be used to install hax 2.5 on any 3DS/2DS right (I was busy last few days so didn't have much info regarding 10.3 firmware)?
Yes.
When it said it could work with everyfirmware supported by Hax 2.5, does it mean even the 10.3?
all versions that 2.5 supports should be, but as @JustPingo said, everything needs to be clarified (the way 2.5 gets more ram and access to .code and romfs too)

Reactions: tivu100

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To try to sum it up (probably wrong, @Mrrraou or @JustPingo can probably correct me)

Apparently there's svc code access in 2.5. Not necessarily "lol full kernel on 10.4 cia install" With this...
Apparently this allows people to downgrade their firmware to one that DOES have kernel (9.2) but not use kernel above it (at least yet).
Apparently this also allows LEGIT CIA installation - that is, the CIAs from the older 3DS XLs with preinstalled games. This has access to installing services but not signature patching, which could mean it can install CIA but not boot them unless they're auto signed/presigned/however this stuff works.
Apparently it works on any fw with 2.5 access, as in not just 9.9 (if you stayed here for safety) but also 10.1 (if you stayed for coldboot themehax) and 10.3 (if you updated for badges/eShop).

Also I'm likely wrong. But I dunno. :mellow:

Reactions: NekoMichi

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But here's the problem, without kernel access you will not be able to flash a lower firmware than your actual firmware to the NAND. Even one of the KARL dev team members I believe mentioned the same thing.
We're not flashing anything.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

To try to sum it up (probably wrong, @Mrrraou or @JustPingo can probably correct me)

Apparently there's svc code access in 2.5. Not necessarily "lol full kernel on 10.4 cia install" With this...
Apparently this allows people to downgrade their firmware to one that DOES have kernel (9.2) but not use kernel above it (at least yet).
Apparently this also allows LEGIT CIA installation - that is, the CIAs from the older 3DS XLs with preinstalled games. This has access to installing services but not signature patching, which could mean it can install CIA but not boot them unless they're auto signed/presigned/however this stuff works.
Apparently it works on any fw with 2.5 access, as in not just 9.9 (if you stayed here for safety) but also 10.1 (if you stayed for coldboot themehax) and 10.3 (if you updated for badges/eShop).

Also I'm likely wrong. But I dunno. :mellow:
That's right, I think it to sums up everything important

Reactions: Lycan911

tivu100

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well svc-mode code can access pxi:am9 and downgrade/install CIAs
Not mocking or trying anything funny, just noob wants to learn somethingnew. What is difference between Kernel and this arm11 userland exploit. I often heard people said you need to have kernel access for CIA installation.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Not mocking or trying anything funny, just noob wants to learn somethingnew. What is difference between Kernel and this arm11 userland exploit. I often heard people said you need to have kernel access for CIA installation.
You only have to access am:net or am:u for legit CIA installation.

Reactions: tivu100
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak past the light and kill that giant mosquito.