Hacking Can 3DS downgrade to firmware 10.1 max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Next time nobody should get hyped without any proof
The problem was they were pretty cut and dry about what they were doing, before the old thread where they were keeping things posted was locked for reasons I can't begin to comprehend I remember seeing bits and bobs of code, which is more proof than the usual "lel i have kernel" shitter on this forum gives.

Combination of everybody getting excited because it genuinely seemed like something was on the horizon and nobody but Smealum really understanding how HANS works and what it can do because I guess he thinks it's cute to have his projects be closed-source or something.

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
and you shouldn't post "PoC coming soon" on Twitter either
Yeah. I was expecting people to have a little bit of criticism but well. And I love to leave the fault on other people as well lol

Lesson learnt. When we will have downgrade we will announce with a PoC lol

Reactions: CeeDee

robot56

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If he publically releases the source, who do you think would benefit the most? Same scenario with tubehax -- did you realize how long it took for that to get patched then say, the publically available browser exploits?

Just because someone opts to not publically release an exploit does not mean that they're trying to hide something naughty. That's like the people who whine and complain about there being backdoors in Windows.

Mrrraou

Trophies
XP
Country
France
If he publically releases the source, who do you think would benefit the most? Same scenario with tubehax -- did you realize how long it took for that to get patched then say, the publically available browser exploits?

Just because someone opts to not publically release an exploit does not mean that they're trying to hide something naughty. That's like the people who whine and complain about there being backdoors in Windows.
You can't compare with webkit exploits because those are publicly available.

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

In short term, pirates and hackers who wouldn't be updating their firmware (and ergo the patch) anyways, along with people following the scene in general to keep posted on things. Long-term Nintendo for being able to patch it out of subsequent firmware editions, but they seem to be doing a good job of that anyways regardless of the status of the source-code for hacks. I also recall Tubehax actually being patched before, say, Browserhax, unless you're referring to some predecessor of it that I'm not familiar with; my memory's fuzzy in general anyways.

I begrudge him for not making the source code to various things available for user inspection because it's needless secrecy. Until Nintendo drops official support for the 3DS system most everything you see will be patched out in one update or another, so who cares? Why not let people do whatever with it in the realistically short time they have until it's patched out by a firmware update they will likely opt out of? Why not improve as a programmer by looking at what changes other people are making to it and taking notes?

it is his code, he does whatever he wants with it, if you don't like that, feel free to re-create what he done and see for yourself...
If I could recreate a system like HANS from scratch without even being able to glance at the source code I'd probably be the one giving faux-sassy answers to questions and accusations on Twitter instead of Smealum.

D

Deleted-19228

Release your goddamn code in the first place and you can avoid things like this happening

Don't think of any one hacker as an infallible god who should be looked to for everything, that only makes them an egotist and makes you dependent. If they're not following through, pick up the pieces and do it yourself.

KFC Double Down

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't think of any one hacker as an infallible god who should be looked to for everything, that only makes them an egotist and makes you dependent. If they're not following through, pick up the pieces and do it yourself.
Parroting my signature sure showed me who's boss and didn't miss the point completely.

ffff i was all hyped and stuff

rip hype press "f" to pay respects ;-;
That they're not giving up despite everything tumbling down is encouraging. I'd expect something good from them at some point or another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)