Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Worrying news for Sony! The Xbox 360 firmware hacking gurus C4eva and Team Jungle have reportedly started working on the PS3 Blu-ray Drive. It is believed that the team is looking for some kind of exploit in conjunction with the 'HadesTeam' for the PS3. After all those guys have achieved with the 360, who is going to doubt their abilities on the PS3?

Source: Maxconsole

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really don't see a blu-ray drive hack work on the PS3.
Did everyone forget about the fact that the PS3 has 1 core dedicated to just security.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
like ive said in a previous thread, im really chuffed about this an all, but thank you i'd like to keep my PS3 legit

.,.. if however they manage to hack PSN games and content then thats a different story .....
tongue.gif

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
raulpica said:
Chanser said:
Even if they manage to put hacked firmware, who wants to backup or download upto 50GB games?
Most games are 5~10GB. If they get to do this, I'm TOTALLY buying a Blu-Ray burner.
Even so, 10GB still is a lot of storage space, and downloading a couple of games would instantly use up all of your bandwidth.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ellie said:
raulpica said:
Chanser said:
Even if they manage to put hacked firmware, who wants to backup or download upto 50GB games?
Most games are 5~10GB. If they get to do this, I'm TOTALLY buying a Blu-Ray burner.
Even so, 10GB still is a lot of storage space, and downloading a couple of games would instantly use up all of your bandwidth.
Bandwidth limits? We don't have that here
smileipb2.png

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
raulpica said:
Ellie said:
raulpica said:
Chanser said:
smileipb2.png
You just made me weep.
sad.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ellie said:
raulpica said:
Ellie said:
raulpica said:
Chanser said:
smileipb2.png
You just made me weep.
sad.gif
Trust me, it's the only good thing we have. Other than that, most of our services suck. And that's probably because the ISPs here are too ignorant to start placing them.
Or because piracy is so rampant that most people would just turn to the one without limits
rofl2.gif

Enough off topic now!

Relevant to the thread, BD burners cost now around 100€, and virgin BD-Rs something like 2,5€. Pretty good.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
Even if PS3 hackage does become possible, it'll still be a bit more of an initial investment than other forms of piracy.

Don't get me wrong, I think 150 bucks for a Blu-burner isn't bad at all when you consider all the free junk you're getting in the long run, but seeing as how most of us are accustomed to our ten-dollar DS carts and dirt-cheap DVD-Rs, it's a bit pricier.

All I'm saying is... It won't be as easily-accessible. At least not at this very point in time.
smile.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
geoflcl said:
Even if PS3 hackage does become possible, it'll still be a bit more of an initial investment than other forms of piracy.

Don't get me wrong, I think 150 bucks for a Blu-burner isn't bad at all when you consider all the free junk you're getting in the long run, but seeing as how most of us are accustomed to our ten-dollar DS carts and dirt-cheap DVD-Rs, it's a bit pricier.

All I'm saying is... It won't be as easily-accessible. At least not at this very point in time.
smile.gif

The burner is about $100 now, and the discs are about $1.50 a piece. I say in about a year c4eva will have a hack in some way shape or form for the ps3. By then it should be even more affordable.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
airpirate545 said:
I'll be happy if I can just play PS2 games on my slim
smile.gif
This. If they could add some emulator (don't ask how), I would love them forever and ever and ever.

I'd love to see what they could do. My new computer came with a Blu-Ray DVD burner accessory, and blank Blu-Rays aren't TOO expensive.
smile.gif

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Perhaps theyll create a usb loader after along time of people having to burn discs or Blue Ray will get cheaper by the time they hack it so its all good
But the problems with speed exist there...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1