C4Eva and Team Jungle get to hacking the PS3

JonthanD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ThatDudeWithTheFood said:
Aaah never thought about that yet I can dream.

I wouldn't worry about USB speeds too much, I hear the BD drive in the PS3 is painfully slow anyway, too lazy to check actual transfer rates VS USB 2.0 transfers but from the way everyone makes it sound they are pretty close?

Best option would be some sort of ISO loader but laptop hard drives max out at something like 700GB's ?

Of course with the PS3's sad library that would not be too much of an issue
frown.gif
*sad face since I own a launch unit and while I love its media abilities.... I had hoped for more games*

Edit:From what I can tell the drive on the PS3 runs about 9MB's a second, a decent USB 2.0 hard drive will hit 20MB's a second or better. So in theory its possible that a USB hard drive could load faster then a BD disk on the PS3. The reason USB loading was so slow on the PS2 is that it had USB 1.1 or something that it topped out at 12Mbps and the network transfer was faster since it could hit 100Mbps.

Edit2: After thinking about it, if the PS3's drive is CAV at 9MB's a second thats only 72Mbps.... Hell thats slow and it sounds almost too slow, I need to do more digging lol

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
The way I see it the number of PS3 games I actually deem worth owning is pretty low since I've got most of the decent ones already, so buying a BluRay burner and disks would probably cost more than just buying the damn games. Doesn't seem worthwhile to me. Besides, my policy is to only hack handhelds. The main consoles stay legit.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
Chanser said:
Even if they manage to put hacked firmware, who wants to backup or download upto 50GB games?
LittleBigPlanet got to 3GB on the PSN store so there's not really much problem, except for games like Uncharted 2 and Metal Gear Solid 4.

SnAQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent news!
We cant let the companies win!
I still wont buy one though, since i already got my Xbox 360 and Nintendo Wii
smile.gif

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't want my PS3 hacked ;___; Sony might then remove he Blue ray disk drive. Then remove the USB. Then make an update to make it catch fire

Cermage

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ellie said:
raulpica said:
Chanser said:
Even if they manage to put hacked firmware, who wants to backup or download upto 50GB games?
Most games are 5~10GB. If they get to do this, I'm TOTALLY buying a Blu-Ray burner.
Even so, 10GB still is a lot of storage space, and downloading a couple of games would instantly use up all of your bandwidth.

people happily download 8gb+ for 360games. ps3 games aren't going to be much different.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Supersonicmonk said:
Emulation for the PS3 sounds pretty cool, you might even be able to emulate 4th gen consoles. Halo and Zelda on a Sony console FTW

XBOX Was 6th Generation.

I don't get why anybody would have any issues with the size of the games PC games are like what 7~12 GB just get used to it.

Anyways, something cool may come out from this.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
How big is FFXIII on the 360? Like 20+GB? Something is currently taking up 20+GB on my JTAG'ed 360 right now.
rolleyes.gif

I'd be happy for a hacked PS3, and would probably still continue to buy the gems it has like Demon's Souls, VC, and 3DGH. But if some great multiplayer game comes out(I'm thinking an HD Monster Hunter) and hacked PS3's are banned from PSN, I'd be a little iffy on modifying my PS3.

taktularCBo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
dudeonline said:
See...I was going legit with the PS3, but you just gotta draw me back in, guys!

I don't know about Norway, but in Germany and Francel DSL/VDSL always got unlimited traffic.
and 10 GB is not much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Ohkay