Hacking "Bypass piracy" question

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So in 1.8.0, a new option called "Bypass Piracy" is now included. I just got one simple question: does this mean that I have to manually enable this option for games previously fixed such as Pokemon Soul Silver? I've set it to Disable by default.

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
R2DJ said:
So in 1.8.0, a new option called "Bypass Piracy" is now included. I just got one simple question: does this mean that I have to manually enable this option for games previously fixed such as Pokemon Soul Silver? I've set it to Disable by default.
No, I don't think would Normmatt would go to all the trouble to undo all game fixes and just leave it up to the AAP to do it. All old fixes should be intact. This option is similar to the SCDSTwo's "clean mode" which is applied when a game is problematic and a firmware update isn't available. It was designed to be used on new games so only apply it on a per-ROM basis if the game isn't working; one example is Super Scribblenauts.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, this option is like a workaround for new games without internal patch.
edit: too slow
laugh.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
normmatt said:
Its an attempt at software emulating reads below 8000h which is used to detect flashcarts.
Rydian said:
Is this an experimental feature for now, or does it disable other patches and that's why it can be toggled in the main menu?
normmatt said:
No it very much works its just it breaks single card download play in games. Which is why it isn't enabled by default. It also hasn't been tested on extremely slow sd cards which some people seem to have and it apparently isnt working.
normmatt
It will solve the standard read below 8000h checks that are coming out recently, but games like prince of persia use a different type of anti piracy that isn't so easy to get around.

S

SuperBlooper057

windwakr said:
So, how common is the 'read below 0x8000' type of AP? Do a lot of games use that to check for flash cards?
I'm pretty sure this is fairly recent because some older games don't work with it enabled.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night