Buying a PS3 of eBay

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to purchase a broken PS3 on ebay, is their an easy repair? What part of the system that is broken should I look for? Some say the system powers on but no visual and some say the drive wont read disks and so forth. Anyone think this is a good idea to get a cheap PS3 or not?

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Personally I wouldn't... You might think you're saving a few bucks but there is the fact the console doesn't work and the parts could cost more then a new or ~working~ second hand one. There is also the issue of no warranty.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
As above if your not confident with electronics and using a screwdriver to disassemble one then leave well alone ... of you want to see how its done watch the video guide in the PS3 section its a lot of work just getting to the parts!

On the other hand if its really dirt cheap to get a Sony repair for it... its about £150($245)

If you can get the busted PS3 for next to nothing including shipping from the seller (as they aint light consoles nor small! ...They mostly send stuff that size/weight courier/special delivery and courier etc charge by the kg!, ...hence some eBay sales state pickup only!)

..... Then maby you could be onto a winner if it works out less than buying a new one in total just doing the swap with Sony and your cash!
smile.gif

edit:

You may wanna take a look at this first before a hasty buy from eBay bestbuy ps3 80gb with MGS and KZ2 for $400

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.