Hardware Buying a GBA Flash Cart in 2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The Package has already arrived for the EZ-Flash IV from Aliexpress. I bought it on the 15th of January and today is the 24th, making it the quickest package I have ever received from China! I can't wait to get home so I can test it out and let everyone know how it goes!

Nice :)
I'd recommend updating the cart with this firmware/skin: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&p=75502
Has a clean interface and comes with the latest/best 'reset' firmware. Just copy the file to the root of the minsd, make sure your GBA is charged and hold 'R' as you power it on to install the update.

Did it come with the awful star wars theme?

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Count Duckula

gotloveforall

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I found ONE MiniSD adapter in a box of 200+ other SD adapters lol. I tested and everything works fine. Only booted up and played Mario vs Donkey Kong thus far. Now to go change the Darth Vader skin. haha

Reactions: deshayzilla

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Bought one from the link posted on the first page. Hope I have as much luck as you both did buying/shipping wise. Though it seems they really are trustworthy.
Good thing I've had a MiniSD adapter sitting in a case for all these years.

Strainer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bought one from the link posted on the first page. Hope I have as much luck as you both did buying/shipping wise. Though it seems they really are trustworthy.
Good thing I've had a MiniSD adapter sitting in a case for all these years.

So far mine seems to work. However I just got my miniSD adapter today and I'm getting an error every time it tries to read the card. I've done everything possible to get it to work so I'm guessing(hoping) it's just my miniSD adapter or my microSD card. I just ordered a miniSD card off of tigerdirect. I hope this solves the problem.

TheMatBk

Trophies
XP
Country
So... buying from aliexpress worked and the carts are 100% working? Sorry I'm a bit paraniod... But do they save? I have so many fake gba games that don't save...

TheMatBk

Trophies
XP
Country
I googled Aliexpress and they seem to have a very bad rep for scams. In the 2nd post on this thread someone mentioned flashlinker-shop, which I had seen before but were out of stock, but they seem to have new stock in now. I bought from them (quite expensive... but I'm desperate), and i'll tell you guys how it goes.

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only had good experiences with Aliexpress. My EZ Flash IV doesn't work with my microSD card so I ordered a miniSD that should be coming in soon so I can let you know if it works then. The shipping was really quick though and I was actually surprised I got it so quickly.

HeroicJoker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been stalking this topic for a while, and I purchased an EZ Flash from the aliexpress seller that deshayzilla bought from. And dear god I hope that the seller we bought from doesn't sell fake cards. From what I've read your cart works but it won't read your sd card? Did it work before hand? D:

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been stalking this topic for a while, and I purchased an EZ Flash from the aliexpress seller that deshayzilla bought from. And dear god I hope that the seller we bought from doesn't sell fake cards. From what I've read your cart works but it won't read your sd card? Did it work before hand? D:

I'm happy to report it was my SD card that was the problem. I just received a MiniSD card in the mail today and the EZ Flash read it just fine. Played a little bit of pokemon ruby and mother 3, it work perfectly(including saving)! I'm glad I took the chance and bought it from that aliexpress seller.

Reactions: Count Duckula
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Good to hear all is well deshayzilla :)

Only ever used my 2 with minSD cards directly and never had any issues, seems they really do not like a lot of adaptors.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Good to hear all is well deshayzilla :)

Only ever used my 2 with minSD cards directly and never had any issues, seems they really do not like a lot of adaptors.

Using a micro to mini sd adapter isn't recommended anyway.

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ohh, that's nice. Using (I'm guessing) a old Kingston MiniSD adapter I found. Manages to work well enough.

ibo2uyudlHvD5v.PNG

jumpman1229

SUPER BOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshayzilla thank you so much for this post and keeping us all up to date on your purchase. I ended up purchasing the EZ Flash from the same aliexpress dealer as you. Any suggestions as to which SD card and adapter to get? I know you mentioned that you had to go to tigerdirect to purchase a new one. Mind sharing which one is working for you?

deshayzilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
deshayzilla thank you so much for this post and keeping us all up to date on your purchase. I ended up purchasing the EZ Flash from the same aliexpress dealer as you. Any suggestions as to which SD card and adapter to get? I know you mentioned that you had to go to tigerdirect to purchase a new one. Mind sharing which one is working for you?

This is the one I got. Unfortunately it's out of stock now, maybe you can try to find it on Amazon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol