PS1/2 Burning Dual Layer and PS1 Games...

chaofan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys... Tis pretty strange I be here since I joined GBAtemp for R4 and NDS support
tongue.gif
, but here's my thread.

I've tried Google searching around, but all I've gotten are vague answers, and non-professional details about how to get Dual-Layered PS2 games and PS1 games working on my modchipped PS2. I have NO IDEA which modchip my PS2 has, since a friend of mine was kind enough to do it for me, but its one that if you press the reset button twice, it launches a "PS1" (yeh, that helped identify my chip, good going chaofan
tongue.gif
).

I wanted to copy God of War, but I was told by my friend to avoid Dual Layer games. Apparently there was a way to Reduce the Dual Layer game into a Single Layer game, aka DVD9 to DVD5 but I'm at a loss into how to do that. Any suggestions, hints?

Also, my friend has told me to avoid playing PS1 games as well, but I couldn't resist being able to play out all the games I missed while I was a high-school Nintendo fanboy (these days, I'm a lot more accepting of the other consoles). I managed to find a copy and I've burnt it on a CD, but it reads it, the log pops up and it doesn't do anything else after that. Any ideas?

I've been using:
-Alcohol 120%, as the burning program
-Sony DVD-Rs
-TDK CDs

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for all the help in advance guys!

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having to press reset twice means you have a older no swap chip , newer ones auto detect disc type. Doesn't narrow it down much , but you can at least eliminate it being a matrix infinity (or clone) , crystal chip , dms3 or dms4. As for dual layer games , there is no reason to avoid them , although there isn't that many anyway. As for ripping them down to dvd5 , it can be down , but there is no universal tool or anything , it's different for each game. Just search X game rip kit , or X game dvd5 or similar and you'll find many tutorials. Other way is just to do a direct copy to a dual layer , to do that you'll have to patch the image with the toxic dual layer patcher (unless your chip auto patches) , then burn as normal. Although considering you have to double tap reset , I doubt your chip supports dual layer backups.

As for playstation one games not going anywhere after the logo , I'd guess it's either your media or that game doesn't work properly on ps2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • crafthp434 @ crafthp434:
    aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    in that case, there is no such thing as homebrew launcher for aroma
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    you have to launch your homebrews directly from the wii u menu
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there is a plugin that display them on the wii u menu, pretty sure it is enabled by default
    so like it doesnt exist
    yeah
    ?
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    it doesn't exist, at least not for aroma
    ohhhhh
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    on tiramisu you can access it by opening mii maker
    okay
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have a wii u anymore to test it myself, but if homebrews are not visible on the wii u menu I think you can press L + R + minus to open the plugin menu, there should be an option called "homebrews on wii u menu" or something similar
    nope
    it is L+dpad down+ select
    but homebrew is appearing in the home menu btw
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    yes, now I remember it
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    then it is working, I also don't like that they did this but it is the only option you have if you are using aroma
    i just didint know the homebrew launcher didint exist in aroma
    thanks btw
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im downloading fallout 3 goty edition
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm downloading more ram for my hamster pc
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    New hamster PC, with anal operation and BT connectivity!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, How do I make enemies respawn on gdevelop after
    the player dies?
    Carrying a PC or phone is so old school!
    Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Squeeze your cheeks twice to answer calls!