Hpw to play PS1 lightgun games on a PS2 using a lightgun?

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi there,

my idea was to build a ps2 with free mcboot to make it as a lightgun games system. SInce the ps2 can read both ps1 and ps2 games, I would like to know if ps2 lgiht guns work on ps1 games. In fot, can I connect a ps1 light gun on a ps2 to play ps1 games?

Reactions: KiiWii

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there,

my idea was to build a ps2 with free mcboot to make it as a lightgun games system. SInce the ps2 can read both ps1 and ps2 games, I would like to know if ps2 lgiht guns work on ps1 games. In fot, can I connect a ps1 light gun on a ps2 to play ps1 games?

Afaik yes, you can play PS1 gun games on PS2 but PS1 guns use controller port, PS2 guns use USB.

So you’ll need two guns, unless one exists for both?

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to confirm, you're using a CRT TV with composite or you have an adapter?

Anyway, Guncon 2 uses USB so that's an automatic no. I can't say for sure if a ps1 light gun will work on PS2 but I'd surprised if it doesn't subject to the above.

Tackskull

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Just to confirm, you're using a CRT TV with composite or you have an adapter?

Anyway, Guncon 2 uses USB so that's an automatic no. I can't say for sure if a ps1 light gun will work on PS2 but I'd surprised if it doesn't subject to the above.

I play on a CRT connected with RGB scart. Ok, so basically i should know if ps1 guns works on ps2

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
I play on a CRT connected with RGB scart. Ok, so basically i should know if ps1 guns works on ps2

Unfortunately I cant test right now, although Id be surprised if it doesnt work as long as your scart cable has the composite/guncon connection or you have an adapter.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When using a CRT, PS1 light gun games can be played on a PS2 using a PS1 light gun. You cannot play a PS1 light gun game with a PS2 light gun.
Since in your case you are using SCART output, you will also need one of these adapters which plug into the PS1/PS2/PS3 multi-out to provide you with a RCA connector for the PS1 light gun to plug into and then you would in turn plug your scart cable into the other end of the adapter which is a multi-out passthru to connect it to your TV. I use this adapter for the same purpose, but in my case I use it with a component cable to my CRT. For me it provides the convenience of the gun having both its connections at the PS2 itself and prevents me from running the RCA connection all the way to the CRT (all of my consoles are on a rack about 3 meters from the TV).
131263.jpg

Reactions: Tackskull

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsG-jJcrlr0