PS1 backups on PS2

Yuricorn

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I have a modified PS2 slim, it sees PS1 discs, but only home region. Imports cannot be read, a message about this appears in the browser. When I launch a cd-r backup that the PS2 can read, it spins up the disk and the screen goes black, but nothing else happens. I don't know what chip is installed. Can anyone, based on the symptoms, tell me what I should do to run PS1 games? Also, previous owner said something about a double reset. I tried to press reset at different moments, but nothing happens.
---
Update: I figured out how to launch games. But now I'm a little perplexed. My PS2 runs the cheap CD-R but doesn't want to run the official import disc.

Last edited by Yuricorn,

YellowDragonfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
I have a modified PS2 slim, it sees PS1 discs, but only home region. Imports cannot be read, a message about this appears in the browser. When I launch a cd-r backup that the PS2 can read, it spins up the disk and the screen goes black, but nothing else happens. I don't know what chip is installed. Can anyone, based on the symptoms, tell me what I should do to run PS1 games? Also, previous owner said something about a double reset. I tried to press reset at different moments, but nothing happens.
---
Update: I figured out how to launch games. But now I'm a little perplexed. My PS2 runs the cheap CD-R but doesn't want to run the official import disc.
Hi, It seems that you have a modded PS2 with Messiah chip. When you press twice the reset button, you can boot ps1 backup games, I think. If you press the reset button only once, it boots ps2 backup disks.
You may need to mod a memory card to obtain Open PS2 loader, and then a POPS PS1 emulator to be able to boot PS1 backups even from a USB sticks. Cheers!

Reactions: Yuricorn

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto