GCN Burned GC game not working on my Wii?

avengerx105

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morning guys.

I'm having trouble trying to play The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker iso on my Wii. I successfully burn the iso into a CD using IMGBURN. The iso has the correct size too(1,459,978,240 bytes).

When I insert the CD inside my Wii, it shows the Gamecube title on the Wii Channel. I click on the Gamecube title then clicked "Start". Then screen then turns Black and freezes making me unable to do anything.

I have a modchip inside my Wii so the iso should work right? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I have tried burning the iso on two CD's already and both of them were successfully burned but both still give that black screen.

Anyone please help me?

avengerx105

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have it on DVD-R disc.
The iso is correct as well "1.35 GB (1,459,978,240 bytes)"

I don't know what you mean by 'wii gator'. Sorry, I don't have great knowledge about these things. All I know is that my Wii console has a modchip soldered in by my friend.

This is my first time burning copied games btw, soz ):

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
The dolphin emulator can tell you the isos it lists as NTSC or PAL. You don't need the emulator to work, you only need it right now to identify what you got.

dolphin.png

You can get the emulator here : http://www.dolphin-emulator.com/

You just need to add the folder path to where they are on your computer and it will tell you the info about the ISO files you got.

folder_paths.png

avengerx105

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^Thank you.

Yep, its USA region meaning its PAL.
Now I'm really confused to why the iso shouldn't work on my Wii. Perhaps its the chip itself inside my Wii that doesn't allow GC iso's to work?

avengerx105

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OHHH,

USA is NTSC. Meaning I got the wrong iso to play with.. I think.
I'll try find one that is PAL and see if it will work on my Wii as it can only play PAL games. Maybe that was the problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/BiY0vNuu1eg?si=0nwmSHWeLkfcJJ__