Hacking Burned games in Black and White!

rawniverse

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I play a burned version of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed using the wii iso loader, the game appears only in black and white. Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think its the way the game was ripped, or is it an issue with the wii loader?

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. I think using different component cables might fix the problem but I'm not sure.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
the region makes the difference... im sure u have something wrong there... r u sure your wii is ntsc... if it is... load the loader with force ntsc... and check if it works... atm i have star wars: tfu ntsc in an ntsc wii with normal cable (the one that comes with the wii) and it works perfectly

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homelessbrian said:
I have US wii and i am trying to run No More Heroes force pal60 on an ntsc tv.... Its showing up black and white. Any ideas?

It's because you're telling a game to boot in PAL when it's an NTSC Wii/TV... is the game itself PAL or NTSC? If It's PAL, choose Force NTSC.

QUOTE(dajavax @ Nov 17 2008, 01:09 PM) the coding makes the difference... im sure u have something wrong there... r u sure your wii is ntsc... if it is... load the loader with force ntsc... and check if it works... atm i have star wars: tfu ntsc in an ntsc wii with normal cable (the one that comes with the wii) and it works perfectly

Take a look at the date of the post there, buddy.

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Force the option closest to the spec of your TV. I'v got regular cables and about 80% play in colour I have to force PAL60 on my old PAL50/60 TV to get the b/w games to work in colour.

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No no no in the bootloader go to configuration and force your region ntsc pal ect and also force vidtv patch and lauch by clicking launch game not pressing B problem fixed.

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ericthegreat said:
No no no in the bootloader go to configuration and force your region ntsc pal ect and also force vidtv patch and lauch by clicking launch game not pressing B problem fixed.

I will try the vidtv when i get home from work

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homelessbrian said:
The backup is pal and when i force ntsc the game wont load.

Haven't heard of that happening... Grab an NTSC version of the game?
wacko.gif

Not much else to say except try it again I suppose. Forcing to NTSC would be the only solution to the black and quite problem, there's no reason why it shouldn't boot.

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luriden said:
homelessbrian said:

wacko.gif

Not much else to say except try it again I suppose. Forcing to NTSC would be the only solution to the black and quite problem, there's no reason why it shouldn't boot.

I just looked up the .nfo of the backup I got.

I think it may have something to do with the iso being "USA.PALFIXED.WII"
I am not sure what that means but I'm guessing that is my issue.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
Luriden said:
dajavax said:
the coding makes the difference... im sure u have something wrong there... r u sure your wii is ntsc... if it is... load the loader with force ntsc... and check if it works... atm i have star wars: tfu ntsc in an ntsc wii with normal cable (the one that comes with the wii) and it works perfectly

ohh crap... didn't see that lol... sorry... now i see why people get mad when people bump threads xD...

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
homelessbrian said:
Luriden said:
homelessbrian said:

wacko.gif

I just looked up the .nfo of the backup I got.

I think it may have something to do with the iso being "USA.PALFIXED.WII"
I am not sure what that means but I'm guessing that is my issue.

It sounds like it was originally NTSC and patched to PAL. If you still have the ISO, use RegionFrii to patch it to NTSC and burn it again. If that doesn't work, I'd say just download an NTSC version of the game. Since you're on an NTSC Wii and TV, there's really no reason to have a PAL game unless it's available in PAL only.

homelessbrian

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dajavax said:
Luriden said:
dajavax said:
the coding makes the difference... im sure u have something wrong there... r u sure your wii is ntsc... if it is... load the loader with force ntsc... and check if it works... atm i have star wars: tfu ntsc in an ntsc wii with normal cable (the one that comes with the wii) and it works perfectly

ohh crap... didn't see that lol... sorry... now i see why people get mad when people bump threads xD...

Sorry to confuse ya. I didn't wanna start a new thread seeing as though there was one that somewhat delt with my issue already.

dajavax

Trophies
Website
www.dajavax.tk
XP
Country
Mexico
homelessbrian said:
dajavax said:
Luriden said:
dajavax said:

Sorry to confuse ya. I didn't wanna start a new thread seeing as though there was one that somewhat delt with my issue already.
np and yeah maybe that was better than making a new one...

lakebum

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed the backup loader on my new wii and on my gf's wii that is older but are both 3.3u version but all the games play in color on hers but the pal games play in black and white on mine unless i force ntsc can someone help me so i don't have to force ntsc or is there noting i can do?

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
lakebum said:
I installed the backup loader on my new wii and on my gf's wii that is older but are both 3.3u version but all the games play in color on hers but the pal games play in black and white on mine unless i force ntsc can someone help me so i don't have to force ntsc or is there noting i can do?
Your TV doesn't support PAL
Get a channel that auto-forces NTSC
Only way to fix it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo