1. KimKong

OP KimKong Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician

Norway
    BULB! (v1.6)
    Sorry to anyone who downloaded or played my game these last days..
    There was a game-breaking bug that made it kind of unbeatable.. I have been fixing it and a few other minor stuff today. And I just uploaded the new version! Hope you enjoy it now that you can beat the final boss without breaking your GameBoy in half! lol

Last edited by KimKong, Apr 19, 2021
  2. KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina

Germany
    Finished the game on real hardware.
    ==============================

Was fun. Good level design. There is room for improvement in the audio department… and not supporting SRAM saving feels a bit too retro (not a big deal since the game is not that long and the level select option solves this more or less).

Thanks for the free homebrew game! Game Boy represents the few better parts of my childhood.

Any specific reason for BULB! being GBC exclusive? It looks like if it would work out on the DMG-001 quite well.

KimKong and alexander1970 like this.
  3. KimKong

OP KimKong Game Developer / Graphic Artist / Musician

Norway
    Thanks you for the good vibes!

I am not finished with the music yet. Far from it actually.. I am working on it tho, but just had to release a new update at this point! It's been too long since the last version.

And I choose not to use saving because I wanted to preserve that arcade type feeling. Like you said, the game isn't really that long, and the player really benefits from replaying levels because of remembering the level design makes it a bit easier for each time you play it.

The reason this game is GBC exclusive is that I'm using color palette switching to simulate the light turning on and off. This would not work on DMG, and the light would just always be on.. But maybe in the future, a DMG exclusive version could be made?

I will be selling cartridges of this game very soon!
    So stay tuned for the final release, and maybe you or your friends could pick up a cart?

KleinesSinchen and hippy dave like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Homebrew), (GameBoy, Color