[BUG] Notifications not working when posts are auto-merged (Double posts)

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello there.

I've been having a problem with the forum notifications for quite some time now.

Here's what happens:
  • A user comments in a thread I follow/watch. I get notified up to this point without issues
  • Said user posts another comment right after the previous one. The forum counts this post as a double post and auto-merges both of them into a single post.
    At this point, I am not notified of the second post made by the user.
  • The thread continues with other posts, but because the auto-merged post was not notified, all subsequent posts in the thread are not notified anymore.
This issue happens with all the threads I am following, and I only know that the thread had more posts in it because I see the thread appearing in the Recent posts section of the main page.

Hope this helps to solve the issue.

Greetings:
Shadow

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I believe this problem happens because the merged post is not seen as a new post (the system considers it an edit), but the post date is changed so it probably messes something up with the timing somewhere.
I've made a small change so that it should now alert you of the double post, but only if you've already seen the previous alert (to prevent needless double alerts).
I hope this fixes all subsequent posts not being alerted as well, but let me know if there still is a problem.

Reactions: Scarlet

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks @tj_cool :)
The way you explained it is precisely how it happens, and the solution sounds good as well.

I will keep an eye out for the change and notify if something still fails.
Thanks again for the attention and work!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Sicklyboy, not that bad ig