.BRSTM work on 3DS? Also some .BCSTM converting help.

Discussion in '3DS - ROM Hacking, Translations and Utilities' started by brave2569, Jun 16, 2016.

1. brave2569
    OP

brave2569 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    I'm giving myself some custom music for Pokemon ORAS, and since the files are in .BCSTM is it possible that they'll work when they're in .BRSTM format? If it doesn't, would it work by changing .BRSTM name to .BCSTM? (Haven't tested yet) I'm asking this stupid question because it seems I can't find a stable .BRSTM to .BCSTM converter. I've tried LoopingAudioConverter, converting all of my .BRSTM/.WAV to .BCSTM. It only creates about 3 .BCSTM files before crashing the application, and since I want to convert multiple .BCSTM files at once. If one of you seem to know a good, stable, and can create multiple .BCSTM files at once that works for you, please give me a link, that would be appreciated!

Thanks. And sorry for my bad english.

~Nintendo Noob

2. saburou

saburou GBAtemp Regular

Oct 13, 2015
  3. brave2569
    OP

brave2569 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 16, 2016
    This should be good for now, thanks!
    Some questions i'd like to ask: What program did you use to play .bcstm files? Is it possible to drag a .wav in there? Can you change it some how? Only .ogg works for me. Thanks.

EDIT: Does it matter what sound rate you use? Since you're using 48000. And would the file size matter? (If it makes the game crash)

Last edited by brave2569, Jun 17, 2016
  4. I pwned U!

I pwned U! GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 14, 2013
    United States
    Last edited by I pwned U!, Jun 17, 2016
    The Cringe likes this.