Hacking Bricked wii

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi all,

got a full bricked wii here, with a boot C.
got a backup from my nand and the keys.bin.

how can i restore it, because the wii is fully bricked and can not startup bootmii.

gr

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
how did u brick it?
do u have bootmii boot2? or functional priiloader?
have a patched IOS 36, modchip???
tell us how modded is ur wii.... all information will be nice
wink.gif

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
egurgle said:
how did u brick it?
do u have bootmii boot2? or functional priiloader?
have a patched IOS 36, modchip???
tell us how modded is ur wii.... all information will be nice
wink.gif

bootmii as a IOS, its a boot C so no boot2 options.
dont have preloader installed,
i dont know if ios36 is patched
got a modchip here

egurgle

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
u can try boot to recovery mode using a gamecube controller (4th slot) - press up+down+left+right at same time. maybe u must disassemble ur controller to do this. if u did well, then a blackscreen with ur version and region will come (like 4.1U). then u can boot a autoboot bootmii disc and get access to HBC. there is autoboot disc with wad manager too. but u need to know what u did before bricking to fix that.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
assuming u can't get the autoboot savemiifrii method to work described above, you can send your Wii (just the Wii, no cables), nand dump and keys to [email protected] and he will be able to fix your wii for sure (the only exception is hardware failure, but that doesn't apply to your situation anyways).

He normally charges $40 for his labour, and he does amazing work (I've seen him work on a Wii in person before and I was really impressed). And since you're both in the US shipping costs shouldn't be too high.

Just email him for details.

stefanox

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
assuming u can't get the autoboot savemiifrii method to work described above, you can send your Wii (just the Wii, no cables), nand dump and keys to [email protected] and he will be able to fix your wii for sure (the only exception is hardware failure, but that doesn't apply to your situation anyways).

He normally charges $40 for his labour, and he does amazing work (I've seen him work on a Wii in person before and I was really impressed). And since you're both in the US shipping costs shouldn't be too high.

Just email him for details.

no thnx,

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Or learn to flash the nand yourself, would be much more expensive than deadlyfoez. Perhaps if you had a waranty on the wii you would get lucky and have it fixed for free from Nintendo, but not likely. If it was mine, I would send it to deadlyfoez.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: damn