Hacking Bricked Switch due to Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu. Need help restoring Nand..

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if it's enough, I would advise to make a backup regardless.
In the case you need it,you'll be glad you did it instead of being sorry you didnt
I already know it's theoretically enough, people here have fixed their Switch with just the raw backup, but it's a long process you have to follow to manually rebuild boot0/1. My question was if a large part of the process could be skipped by already having keys.txt, plus whether restoring a new boot0/1 backup even works with an older version's raw eMMC backup. If I'd need to do a full backup again, that's going to take so much time that I might as well not bother and do the slow process to rebuild boot0/1 in the unlikely case that I'll actually need it.

Khar00f

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Restoring the rawnand.bin again did not work. The switch just boots to a blue screen. Any ideas?

I'm familiar with your issue, it happened to me a month or so ago when i restored.

the issue is due to the fact that you didn't restore boot0/1 and for some reason Hekate 4.2 wouldn't install them for me.

I reverted back to Hekate 3.2 (thats what was used for the backup originally) and it worked fine. Also make sure you update with Choixdujournx to avoid flags of installing 6.x twice.

Hope that helps,

Ka_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guy who created the brick code had the audacity to come comment on my youtube video using an alt profile and put a link to his github profile with all of the files he used for bricking right there on his profile.. these people will stab you in the chest and smile right in your face while doing it. And yes, the mod is protecting him completely, I have reason to believe he MAY EVEN BE THAT MOD on an alt account

Last edited by Ka_Ninja,
Reactions: KingMuk

CSpiritsong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
The guy who created the brick code had the audacity to come comment on my youtube video using an alt profile and put a link to his github profile with all of the files he used for bricking right there on his profile.. these people will stab you in this chest and smile right in your face while doing it. And yes, the mod is protecting him completely, I have reason to believe he MAY EVEN BE THAT MOD on an alt account

I've said this once, before. So I'll just repeat it.

If push comes to shove, and something happens... The said person who (if you know who I mean), won't get much sympathies. I don't enjoy schadenfreude moments, but I know if he gets it, I won't have any sympathies for that group of people who inflicted harm claiming it was a "prank".

Ka_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've said this once, before. So I'll just repeat it.

If push comes to shove, and something happens... The said person who (if you know who I mean), won't get much sympathies. I don't enjoy schadenfreude moments, but I know if he gets it, I won't have any sympathies for that group of people who inflicted harm claiming it was a "prank".

There was a post a couple pages back showing discord conversations saying they were preparing for smash bros to do this entire thing all over again. I can promise that I will be spreading this information like wildfire and keeping my eye open for these "leaks". At this point its pretty serious that you need to backup your nand as well as the boot partitions and store it on a separate drive.. that is unless atmosphere gets an update to protect those partitions from malicious code/nsps having access.

mattytrog

You don`t want to listen to anything I say.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right. Bit of an unusual request here.

Because it is a fake nsp and not containing any copyrighted content, can anyone post or pm me a link to the fake nsp? I need to "kill" my switch with it because I want to test something. I'll revive it after...

If it works, it may provide a way back for those dead consoles.

Just an idea I'm thinking but I need to look at the malicious code and run it.

Deadly serious. I'm not trolling or anything. Im not like that

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
BIS keys, boot0/1 and prodinfo. Better off with a full backup and zipping it to keep small.

Thank you, I know a guy on reddit was handing out the brick code to people who wanted to test them. I believe it was on switch###### (word hidden cuz I know what this forum is like).

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ran the bricker. It has bricked the switch. Stuck at switch logo (or it was).

Checked BIS keys with BISkeydump. They are still the same as before I ran it...

Entropy on prodinfo checks out...

Onwards...

Nasha004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gibraltar
How exactly do I backup the prodinfo.bin

I’ve got my rawnand.bin through sxos and I’ve used biskey dump and took a photo of my keys, however can’t seem to get the rest.

Thanks

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How exactly do I backup the prodinfo.bin

I’ve got my rawnand.bin through sxos and I’ve used biskey dump and took a photo of my keys, however can’t seem to get the rest.

Thanks
Its in the rawnand.bin

rawnand.bin and your BIS keys emailed to yourself is all you need.

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well I`ve not been reading anywhere else...

But it appears it is ONLY affecting PRODINFO during my half-drunk testing.

I restored just prodinfo and the console booted.

If this is common knowledge, I`m sorry. I`m deliberately doing it without reading anywhere else.

Last edited by mattytrog,

Conex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well I`ve not been reading anywhere else...

But it appears it is ONLY affecting PRODINFO during my half-drunk testing.

I restored just prodinfo and the console booted.
So without Prodinfo, you are totally boned I take it.

Anyway to grab save files from one switch using hacdiskmount and put them on another switch? (friend bricked his but bought another second hand one, i wanna see if i can save his saves)

mattytrog

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So without Prodinfo, you are totally boned I take it.

Anyway to grab save files from one switch using hacdiskmount and put them on another switch? (friend bricked his but bought another second hand one, i wanna see if i can save his saves)

Well... We need to get the prodinfo working.

Someone said it knackers so I read boot0/1. This is not the case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated