1. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    I have had this flashcard for a few years, and a while ago it was bricked. This happened due to some clone bricker included in r4ids.cn flashcards Wood R4 port. I wanted to see if it would run on that Wood R4 instead of the one made for it... Now I have a paperweight flashcard that nothing recognizes. I'm not sure what the anti-clone did to the card, but I just want to use my flashcard again. If anyone knows or has an idea on how to fix the card, please tell me.

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    Ha it did the job now buy the proper flashcart

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

3. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    I have over 10 flashcards, one even being the original R4, and I don't need another. I want this one fixed because having a paperweight anything is not fun.

4. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert

United States
    A hammer does help

5. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Hammering $20, great idea.

6. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    One update for this card exists, and if there's some way I can use it could mean I can unbrick the card.

7. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    No matter how many times I seek help for this, no one will attempt to help me. My 4th and last time asking this, is it possible to unbrick my R4i3D 2012 (r4i3d.com). It got bricked over a year ago, and I miss the card. I know it sucks, and before you say get a new one I have a ton of flashcards. I don't want to "hammer" something I paid for. An update for the card shows up on the archived version of the flashcards site, and I believe that it could be possible to flash it onto my card and fix it. I collect flashcards and I happened to have accidentally ruined this card.

Info: R4i3D (2012) r4i3d.com
    Bricked by: r4ids.cn WoodR4 anti-clone. (I had no idea this existed)
    My consoles: DS Lite, DSi, 3DS.
    What does bricked mean? The icon of the flashcard no longer shows up, and it doesn't recognise as a game cart.
    What happened when it bricked? Some guys address and phone number showed up. Couldn't take a picture as I didn't expect it to brick. Thanks for nothing r4ids.cn.

8. Foxi4

Foxi4 GBAtemp's Biggest Women Respecter™
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Without the card showing up on your menu at all it would be hard to run any kind of flashing software to reflash it, unless the ASIC is designed to look for a specific file on the SD card as soon as the card receives power. What you *could* try is a swap trick - run the flasher on a different flashcart and swap right before you confirm you want to flash the cartridge - if you're lucky, the software is not programmed to recognise a card swap as an event and is fully loaded into RAM. I remember Acekards implementing this recovery method, not sure how it works on your card as I don't own one of those. With limited information I can't really give you more accurate advice, most people just dispose of these bricked flashcarts as they're cheap as chips and fixing them costs you more in wasted time and frustration than they're worth.

I've also merged the threads you've made into one thread. Please refrain from posting the same question repeatedly, if people couldn't help you the first time, they probably still can't.

alexander1970 likes this.
  9. Valery0p

Valery0p GBAtemp Fan

Italy
    If you are willing to do your own firmware dump research and/or built your own hardware flasher, this may be a good place to start: https://github.com/ntrteam
    (Especially the flashcard core repository and its issue tab)

10. Sha8q

OP Sha8q pls help

Jamaica
    Thanks for nothing GBATemp moderators. Bye DS community, it wasn't fun.

Shadow#1 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Bricked, r4i3d,