Hacking Bricked R4i 3D 2012 (www.r4i3d.com)

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had this flashcard for a few years, and a while ago it was bricked. This happened due to some clone bricker included in r4ids.cn flashcards Wood R4 port. I wanted to see if it would run on that Wood R4 instead of the one made for it... Now I have a paperweight flashcard that nothing recognizes. I'm not sure what the anti-clone did to the card, but I just want to use my flashcard again. If anyone knows or has an idea on how to fix the card, please tell me.
Ha it did the job now buy the proper flashcart

https://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=575

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Without the card showing up on your menu at all it would be hard to run any kind of flashing software to reflash it, unless the ASIC is designed to look for a specific file on the SD card as soon as the card receives power. What you *could* try is a swap trick - run the flasher on a different flashcart and swap right before you confirm you want to flash the cartridge - if you're lucky, the software is not programmed to recognise a card swap as an event and is fully loaded into RAM. I remember Acekards implementing this recovery method, not sure how it works on your card as I don't own one of those. With limited information I can't really give you more accurate advice, most people just dispose of these bricked flashcarts as they're cheap as chips and fixing them costs you more in wasted time and frustration than they're worth.

I've also merged the threads you've made into one thread. Please refrain from posting the same question repeatedly, if people couldn't help you the first time, they probably still can't.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1