Homebrew Bricked 3DS after trying to update Luma3DS

macacovei

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Move the boot.firm from Luma 7.1 to your SD card first then make sure your system powers on to the Home Menu. Then turn it off, then do start + power.

Many thanks! I had same heart atack on this.

For those who might need, the 7.1 version mentioned above is the backed-up version of boot.firm with different extension (something like boot.firm.backup) on the root of your SD, at least for me.

Last edited by macacovei,

yamaneko007

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
so thankful i saw this thread. after i update luma to 8.1 suddenly can't power on. replaced boot.firm on the root of my sd card from luma 7.1 compressed file and worked like magic! thank you so much!

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I lead a busy life with a family and a lot of shit going on so I can't keep up with all this.

Let me make sure I understand what's being said here. If I use the built in update feature in Luma 3DS CFW it's going to brick the device unless I install some other hack too?

I have 5 3DS console here and they are all running A9LH (installed over during my Christmas vacation last year). If that's the case I need to tell my wife and kids not to update their consoles.
The update feature is a separate app not part of Luma.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE