Hacking Brawl "workaround" for Wiinja and DVD9

The Dementor

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a Wiinja Deluxe on a Pal machine, and beleive it's been proven that the DVD9 brawl of does not boot, you just get a white screen after creating the save, before the intro.

But what I just did is booted the DVD5 in 50hz mode which works OK (with the DVD5 exceptions of course), and then once on the menu screen just eject the DVD5 and put in the DVD9. I'm not a big player of brawl, but I tried a few matches in what appears to be different modes and didn't appear to have any problems I saw movies etc.

I leave it to somebody else to test it out more thouroughly, intially it appears to work, but I can't bothered to work my way through all the Jap writting.

I didn't regionfrii or brickblock, just got the extra channels.

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a Wiinja Deluxe on a Pal machine, and beleive it's been proven that the DVD9 brawl of does not boot, you just get a white screen after creating the save, before the intro.

But what I just did is booted the DVD5 in 50hz mode which works OK (with the DVD5 exceptions of course), and then once on the menu screen just eject the DVD5 and put in the DVD9. I'm not a big player of brawl, but I tried a few matches in what appears to be different modes and didn't appear to have any problems I saw movies etc.

I leave it to somebody else to test it out more thouroughly, intially it appears to work, but I can't bothered to work my way through all the Jap writting.

I didn't regionfrii or brickblock, just got the extra channels.
The same with Wiikey. It's a known workaround
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill