Hacking Brawl+ from backup DVD - can somebody test this

Majroa

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
giantpune said:
brawl+ hasn't been ported to pal. when it has, they will need to host the files somewhere and this will be able to be adapted to grab those files. all the loading stuff works for any version of ssbb. it is just the updating that is strictly ntsc. to you can already have a gct file for pal on the sd with whatever pac files you want and shit should work.

Actually, it is..

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?2hyqzezktzm

Pakatus

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe someone can help me here.
After i got frustrated about being unable to boot brawler+ from usb, i've burned a disk with it.

Trying to boot it, either from Disk with IOS222 or from gecko itself...returned the same coredump as it did from usb.

Anyone has a clue about this?

FW 4.2
WII PAL
cIOS249 rev14 and cIOS222 rev4
SSBB ISO NTSC-U.
Gecko (last version i guess).
Codes updated by Giantpune masterpiece ^^

Anyone out there?

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
brawl plus doesnt work via usb loaders right now.. for the time being the only way to do it via a loader is the brawl plus loader that pune made here, or for usb loader directly, the double gct/snapshot method, that youll need to google to find out how to do.. but is a 2 step process and not a 1 and done method like pune's setup is..

GolfDude

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pune, if you were to go to the fat32 method for usb laoding, would your updatifier still work when you choose ios 222 USB? , or will this require an update to work?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the updating and game loading are 2 completely different things. you can use this now to play the game without ever touching the update button. i suppose it would work fine with fat loading if that were put in. as it stands now, this is only checking wbfs for a brawl iso so it definitely wont work now. the only thing that i can think of that would stop it from working is if the process of loading games from fat would overwrite the new gecko cheat engine in memory. i honestly havent even looked at how it is working but i think it should be fine. the fat stuff works with the old gecko cheat engine.

after i have a look at how it is all working i may put in the fat stuff in here

BionicSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Our only PAL porter is busy with school...

GolfDude said:
brawl plus doesnt work via usb loaders right now.. for the time being the only way to do it via a loader is the brawl plus loader that pune made here, or for usb loader directly, the double gct/snapshot method, that youll need to google to find out how to do.. but is a 2 step process and not a 1 and done method like pune's setup is..

The reason why we abandoned the double GCT method was that certain codes (Ganon Down-B fix etc) didn't work with it.

QUOTE(SFenton @ Nov 13 2009, 03:09 AM) What exactly IS Brawl+? I haven't played the game in a while and I'm looking to get back into it.

Brawl+ is a modification of the original game using Ocarina codes and Project SA files (PAC), basically it's adding hitstun back into the game and adding character balance so the game is much more fun to play. But that's the tl;dr version.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
What exactly IS Brawl+? I haven't played the game in a while and I'm looking to get back into it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136088 (although Brawlplus.net is temporarily down.. you can also use Smash Workshop)

There's much more to it than BionicSonic has mentioned. Give it a try. I guarantee there's a huge change since you last played. Latest update is 5.0rc1 as of September.

QUOTE(BionicSonic @ Nov 13 2009, 03:39 AM) stuff.

Hi person from smashboards.
biggrin.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I´ve tried to get this up and running but how do I know if its working?

Is there any difference to the "normal" brawl?

I am using the usb loader channel from here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=...amp;postcount=1

and all the other stuff, it starts fine and tells me something about a time window in which combos can be executed but after that it loads like the normal brawl, nothing new to see.

What am I doing wrong?

Help?

Edit: Aha, I´ve overseen the vault thing to do... now I got it working...

Edit2: And sad but true I get an error has occured remove disc and turn off. There is no disc in the Wii, I play it via USB loader. Damn.

Edit3: I found out that I had used the wrong WiiFlow .dol(249), I replaced it with the 222 version and the game plays fine. The error mentioned by me(eject disc, turn off Wii) is only when trying to play the subspace emissionary while the Brawl+ hack is loaded. I have all 3 versions of the game and on each of them the subspace emissionary is fully playable without the hack.

The error happens only with the hack enabled.

I have updated all the files with your updatifier but I cant load the game with it. Using rev11 it says no DVD error(I am using a burned DVD) on rev12 it says no DVD(when trying to run DVD IOS222) and it code dumps when trying to play it via USB IOS222.

It only runs ATM with the modified channel and the Snapshot Hack v2.1 I got from Smashboards.

This would be so nice with your rev12, it looks very smooth but wont start. Bad luck on my side I guess.

Any idea what could be wrong?

BionicSonic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Anakir said:
SFenton said:
What exactly IS Brawl+? I haven't played the game in a while and I'm looking to get back into it.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=136088 (although Brawlplus.net is temporarily down.. you can also use Smash Workshop)

There's much more to it than BionicSonic has mentioned. Give it a try. I guarantee there's a huge change since you last played. Latest update is 5.0rc1 as of September.

BionicSonic said:
stuff.

Hi person from smashboards.
biggrin.gif

Sup, sorry about the site being down a week ago
frown.gif

Here's our official page: http://brawlplus.net/about/

We recently released a beta (experimental) build for feedback, so now we have both the Official (5.0RC1) and the Beta (5.0GSH1).

QUOTE(G0dLiKe @ Nov 21 2009, 02:24 PM)
Ok, I´ve tried to get this up and running but how do I know if its working?

Is there any difference to the "normal" brawl?

I am using the usb loader channel from here: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=...amp;postcount=1

and all the other stuff, it starts fine and tells me something about a time window in which combos can be executed but after that it loads like the normal brawl, nothing new to see.

What am I doing wrong?

Help?

Edit: Aha, I´ve overseen the vault thing to do... now I got it working...

Edit2: And sad but true I get an error has occured remove disc and turn off. There is no disc in the Wii, I play it via USB loader. Damn.

Edit3: I found out that I had used the wrong WiiFlow .dol(249), I replaced it with the 222 version and the game plays fine. The error mentioned by me(eject disc, turn off Wii) is only when trying to play the subspace emissionary while the Brawl+ hack is loaded. I have all 3 versions of the game and on each of them the subspace emissionary is fully playable without the hack.

The error happens only with the hack enabled.

I have updated all the files with your updatifier but I cant load the game with it. Using rev11 it says no DVD error(I am using a burned DVD) on rev12 it says no DVD(when trying to run DVD IOS222) and it code dumps when trying to play it via USB IOS222.

It only runs ATM with the modified channel and the Snapshot Hack v2.1 I got from Smashboards.

This would be so nice with your rev12, it looks very smooth but wont start. Bad luck on my side I guess.

Any idea what could be wrong?

Ask giantpune, I don't know any of the code in the Gecko part of the updatifier
blink.gif

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
BionicSonic said:
Ask giantpune, I don't know any of the code in the Gecko part of the updatifier
blink.gif

Yeah, thanks.

Giantpune, any progress with the loading compatibility from USB HD?

Thanks for your time!

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried r12? in r9 it uses the sd card to save a file with how you want to boot the game and then boots geckoOS and geckoOS reads the file, deletes it and tries to boot the game based on what it found. but it seems that some sd cards or IOS versions or something keep geckoOS from being able to read that file.

r10 just adds a little wait before starting geckoOS and it fixed the bug for some people

in r12 it just saves the choice in a spot in memory (inside the HBC stub) and geckoOS reads that decides what to do. i havent heard back from enough people to know if this way has better compatibility, but it should.

G0dLiKe

who needs a title ;)
Trophies
Website
db.tt
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
have you tried r12? in r9 it uses the sd card to save a file with how you want to boot the game and then boots geckoOS and geckoOS reads the file, deletes it and tries to boot the game based on what it found. but it seems that some sd cards or IOS versions or something keep geckoOS from being able to read that file.

r10 just adds a little wait before starting geckoOS and it fixed the bug for some people

in r12 it just saves the choice in a spot in memory (inside the HBC stub) and geckoOS reads that decides what to do. i havent heard back from enough people to know if this way has better compatibility, but it should.

Well yes, I tried rev12 when I try starting it via DVD IOS222 it erorrs and via USB IOS222 the same...

I also used your updatifier to update all.

I am using a Sandisk for Wii 2GB card.

I am using a burned version of the game BTW.

The USB loading version would be perfect for me, right now I am using a channel which starts the game from USB which I got from Smashboards but it uses the picture vault trick to activate the hack and if I try to play the story mode it gives an error and tells me to shut down the Wii and remove the disc. This error happens also if I just let the how to play tutorial run.

I was hoping for some news from your side but I gladly wait.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I wanted to know what were the requirements to get this app to work. Oh and just curious about the lack of updates...
tongue.gif

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
requirements for updating are a wifi connection and a sd card. requirements to load brawl+ are IOS222v4 and SSBB NTSC on USB or DVDr, or IOS36 and original, or cIOScorp IOS36 and DVDr. also ou must start geckoOS and turn the settings ON for cheats. There are no new updates because all loading methods work fine for every Wii I have tried. It seems that some people cant get it to load and get code dumps but I have no idea why or how to fix it.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sweet, thx for the quick reply. I just tried it and it worked marvelously!

I think it would be nice and tidy if some stuff from across the thread could be picked and summed up in the first post like the requirements you just explained to me and the presets for the HBC (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=187617&view=findpost&p=2353455). You know, just to so that newcomers don't have to read through the entire thread to look for everything.

Again, thanks a lot!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay