Hardware Brawl Disc errors

mystery01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done a lot of searching and I could not reach a clear conclusion. I have a softmodded Wii with expired warranty and a retail SSBB disc. The disc hasn't been readable for a while now. When I had the warranty I sent my Wii to Nintendo to fix the same problem, twice, but at least it worked. The disc will not even spin now and I've tried cleaning the lenses and the disc. How do I fix this problem?

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
mystery01 said:
I have done a lot of searching and I could not reach a clear conclusion. I have a softmodded Wii with expired warranty and a retail SSBB disc. The disc hasn't been readable for a while now. When I had the warranty I sent my Wii to Nintendo to fix the same problem, twice, but at least it worked. The disc will not even spin now and I've tried cleaning the lenses and the disc. How do I fix this problem?
It probably is the POT head,

Do other games work?

mystery01

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, other games do work. I haven't tried adjusting the POT as I don't know how. I don't know what to look for and what to move.

neotank19

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo will still repair your wii if it's a brawl related error. I sent my wii to them after the warranty was expired and they fixed it. Of course this was before i hacked it. I have been reading that nintendo can detect if you hacked your wii and they might refuse to fix it because of it. Though I had to send my lauch wii to nintendo 3 times because of a brawl error before they finally sent me back a refurbished one that worked haha.

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
On Nintendo's website it states that earlier model Wii's have trouble with dual layer discs and using the Nintendo Lens Cleaning Kit should fix your problem. It's worth a try as the cleaning kit is only $5.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E