PS5 reads only PS4 discs

Ukulele82

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello, I have a problem with PS5. It reads PS4 only discs. With PS5 discs it spins and stops few times with "dirty disc or upside down disc error". I saw the thread about it on Reddit but no solution there. Any ideas?

It's CFI-1116A model with 2TB nvme installed. Running on 6.50 firmware. 50GB free on internal and 16GB free on nvme. I have only 10 games on PS5 discs. I haven't used the console's drive for 2-3 months.

/Looks like it doesnt read DL blu-ray discs anymore. DVD works, blu-ray movie from supermarket works (14GB), PS4 discs works, retail blu-ray movie doesnt work (38GB, so it's the DL disc), PS5 discs doesnt work. I bet it is not a software issue? Tried database rebuild and clear cache but nothing changed.

Last edited by Ukulele82,

issayloki

Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
I fixed my that doesn't read Ps5 and Ps4 disk, bit it does read DVD movie. So I change blueray head that come with tray as it easily replace.

ThaddeusShaw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I've gone through, talking straight to Sony was the easiest way to fix the issue, especially when trying to fix it with software didn't help. They were really supportive, showing me what else I could try to do, and in the end, they helped me get it repaired when those tries didn't work out. It's a bummer when our gadgets don't work right, but reaching out to the company that made it is often the best way to deal with these hardware troubles.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...