Brawl Disc errors

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by mystery01, Jun 27, 2010.

Jun 27, 2010

Brawl Disc errors by mystery01 at 6:20 AM (817 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. mystery01
    OP

Newcomer mystery01 Member

United States
    I have done a lot of searching and I could not reach a clear conclusion. I have a softmodded Wii with expired warranty and a retail SSBB disc. The disc hasn't been readable for a while now. When I had the warranty I sent my Wii to Nintendo to fix the same problem, twice, but at least it worked. The disc will not even spin now and I've tried cleaning the lenses and the disc. How do I fix this problem?

2. Quincy

Member Quincy Your own personal guitarist :3

Netherlands
    It probably is the POT head,

Do other games work?

3. mystery01
    OP

Newcomer mystery01 Member

United States
    Yes, other games do work. I haven't tried adjusting the POT as I don't know how. I don't know what to look for and what to move.

4. neotank19

Member neotank19 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Nintendo will still repair your wii if it's a brawl related error. I sent my wii to them after the warranty was expired and they fixed it. Of course this was before i hacked it. I have been reading that nintendo can detect if you hacked your wii and they might refuse to fix it because of it. Though I had to send my lauch wii to nintendo 3 times because of a brawl error before they finally sent me back a refurbished one that worked haha.

5. retrogamermatt

Member retrogamermatt GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    On Nintendo's website it states that earlier model Wii's have trouble with dual layer discs and using the Nintendo Lens Cleaning Kit should fix your problem. It's worth a try as the cleaning kit is only $5.