What could cause the Wii + modchip to not work with discs anymore?

1vb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hey all, I recently got a second hand Wii (Originally Korean, region-changed to US), and it has been installed with a modchip. I couldn't identify what the modchip model is, and the seller forgot which modchip they installed. However, I do know that the modchip still works... at least for a while. Right now, the disc would greet me with a really nice "An error has occurred. Press the Eject Button, remove the Game Disc, and turn the power off. Please read the Wii operations manual for more information." error screen. Before, it worked, there were no error messages, everything was going smoothly.

I know there is a Priiloader fix (force IOS249 hack), but what could potentially cause this error, and how can I fix it without using said Priiloader hack (since it breaks loading legitimate discs)?

morning_glory

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
One certain way to tell if the modchip is at fault, is to remove it & run your Wii as is.
I had a WasabiDX for many years, but it did fail :(
Get the info on how to open your Wii & remove the modchip. That's the basic start.
Do be careful when dismantling & always remember how it goes back together ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1