Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully the 3DS Pokemon game will be a core Pokemon game because I can't see another awesome crossover like Pokemon + Nobunga's Ambition even being pulled off again at this point, we need the status quo and that would be a new generation, a new PBR, or Grey.

Mario Party I'll pass.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what happens when you read articles without reading their source (Unbounds is a repost of an Kotaku article) you get incorrect news postings.

This is about Mario Party 9 and Pokepark 2whateverthefuckitscalled, NoA would never be allowed to be the first to announce a Pokemon game. The news actually comes from this PR news about all Nintendo hardware.

REDMOND, Wash.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- Whether they were on the go or at home, whether they played in 2D on the TV or in glasses-free 3D in their hands, gamers of all ages celebrated the holidays with Mario™ and Zelda™. Super Mario 3D Land™ and Mario Kart™ 7 for the Nintendo 3DS™ system not only became the fastest-selling titles in the history of their respective franchises when they launched, but they are now also the first Nintendo 3DS titles to sell 1 million units each in the United States. On the console side, The Legend of Zelda™: Skyward Sword, which also broke launch records, became the 45th Wii™ title to sell more than 1 million units in the United States.

“One of the strongest software lineups in our history helped Nintendo have a great holiday season and to close 2011 with a full head of steam,” said Scott Moffitt, Nintendo of America’s executive vice president of Sales & Marketing. “Not only have the new Mario and Zelda titles already broken records, but with strong reviews and satisfied customers sharing their positive experiences, all three are also shaping up to be the latest long-tail titles from Nintendo. Couple that with a massive first- and third party lineup in the first part of the year and the prospects for 2012 are extremely promising.”

Nintendo sold more than 12 million total hardware units in the United States in 2011, marking the fifth year in a row that the company has accomplished that feat. This includes more than 4.5 million units of Wii, more than 4 million Nintendo 3DS systems, and more than 3.4 million units of the Nintendo DS™ family of systems. This brings the installed base for Wii and Nintendo DS to 39 million and more than 51 million, respectively.

With a strong lineup of software on the horizon, including new installments in the Mario Party™, Pokémon™ and Kid Icarus™ franchises, as well as third-party games such as Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom and METAL GEAR SOLID® 3D Snake Eater from Konami for Nintendo 3DS, that momentum should continue into the first quarter of 2012 and beyond.

In addition to the milestones reached by new software, two evergreen Nintendo titles celebrated milestones as 2011 drew to a close. Mario Kart Wii™ passed 11 million units sold and New Super Mario Bros.™ for the Nintendo DS family crossed 10 million total units sold.

Remember that Wii and Nintendo 3DS feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://www.nintendo.com/wii or http://www.nintendo.com/3ds.

I can see how it sounds but it really isn't what this site says it is. Nintendo do not announce games like this.

Reactions: 3 people

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
With a strong lineup of software on the horizon, including new installments in the Mario Party™, Pokémon™ and Kid Icarus™ franchises, as well as third-party games such as Resident Evil® Revelations from Capcom and METAL GEAR SOLID® 3D Snake Eater from Konami for Nintendo 3DS, that momentum should continue into the first quarter of 2012 and beyond.

I can see how it sounds but it really isn't what this site says it is. Nintendo do not announce games like this.

'for 3DS' key point in that paragraph. No mention of Wii, DS and other games listed have connection with 3DS.

Reactions: 1 person

boekeboekeboeh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I also do believe this "news" is a misunderstanding. It would be only logical that they're reffering to Pokepark and mario party 9. I think they're reffering to the strong momentum of all their systems. But I have to admit, the way it's stated here, it's easy to misinterpeted

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it isn't a misunderstanding(which to me it seems like it), it better have a Mario Party wifi community. :P

Pokemon = Depending how I feel at that time and what game it is.

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
WoW, I love my Mario Party, but is it just me or has Pokemon got boring? I think they've made too many pokemon to keep going. These were the last straw for me.
ice-cream-pokemon.png

klink.jpg

D

Deleted_171835

'for 3DS' key point in that paragraph. No mention of Wii, DS and other games listed have connection with 3DS.

When they said, "for Nintendo 3DS", they were referring to Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil and Kid Icarus. Like Hadrian said, they were mentioning the Mario Party and Pokemon games coming out for the Wii. Kotaku misinterpreted it and even admitted that themselves in the article.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aren't Mario Party games all about the party atmosphere? You know, a bunch of people playing through the zany mini games together in the same room?

That seems to be more of a console tailored experience; it seems like it would lose something in the transition from console to portable system.

As for the Pokemon game... gasp?

sputnix

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Aren't Mario Party games all about the party atmosphere? You know, a bunch of people playing through the zany mini games together in the same room?

That seems to be more of a console tailored experience; it seems like it would lose something in the transition from console to portable system.

if multiplayer is done right like mario kart 7 the game should be great as you can join random people and play the game, though yes playing the game by yourself is lame if multiplayer is done right the game could become a must buy

klim28

Hunter4Life
Trophies
XP
Country
Mario Party for the NDS is my first and only Mario Party I have played. And I simply enjoyed it. Looking forward for the next Mario party :)

As for a new Pokemon game, meh. Not a fan of spin-offs. I'll rather have a new generation Pokemon game with gym leaders and all anyday than rangers and parks games.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if multiplayer is done right like mario kart 7 the game should be great as you can join random people and play the game, though yes playing the game by yourself is lame if multiplayer is done right the game could become a must buy

The inherent problem, though, is that any online multiplayer automatically loses the party experience that the games are built around. The only exception is if everyone in the room has their own 3DS and copy of the game, but that seems to be a pretty unwieldy solution.

D

Deleted-236924

WoW, I love my Mario Party, but is it just me or has Pokemon got boring? I think they've made too many pokemon to keep going. These were the last straw for me.
ice-cream-pokemon.png

klink.jpg
"They made two Pokémon I dislike, therefore the whole game sucks."
(Though I do agree that Vannilite family generally looks bad.)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What they need to do is stop making new pokemon for a generation or 2 (or altogether) and make a game that's focus is on it's story and gameplay, that way I can only see pokemon getting better.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What they need to do is stop making new pokemon for a generation or 2 (or altogether) and make a game that's focus is on it's story and gameplay, that way I can only see pokemon getting better.
Can I say "graphics too" without bringing upon myself lynching?

ib4 GRAPHIX DUN MAKE A GAEM DURR HERP!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: