Bowser's Inside Story - can't slide punch any more?

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by Borat, Sep 27, 2009.

Sep 27, 2009
  1. Borat
    OP

Newcomer Borat Newbie

Ireland
    Hi guys, my son was playing the JP version of this game (until today with new DSTT firmware). He used to be able to slide punch to break rocks etc but can no longer do it. I thought it was because the language was Japanese that he may have inadvertently selected a wrong option somewhere along the way.

How could I go about getting this sliding punch back again?

Thanks.

EDIT: Just noticed this might be better posted in Game Help, Hints and Tips

2. DeMoN

Member DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Either he used a cheat code that messed up the game, or he simply forgot to save after he got the Sliding Punch.
    Once you get it, it shouldn't ever disappear because you need it for the story.

3. Borat
    OP

Newcomer Borat Newbie

Ireland
    Thanks. I kinda thought that. I suspect it was a cheat. I updated the usrcheat.dat file in between saves in order to enable cheats for this particular game.

I went back to where he originally got the slide punch but the character had disappeared. So i guess he would have to start over again? Or can it be rescued at this stage?

4. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    You press X to slide punch and you learn that when you're in the forest before you eat the weird mushroom that Fawful gives you.