OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Would anyone be able to give me a step-by-step guide as to what I need to do to begin using my new flashcart?

It's an R4 3DS. I don't believe it's gold, but I could be wrong.

I have a micro-sd card, but I'm not sure what files need to be put on it. My 3DS is version 4.4.0-10U

Thank you!

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Then they didn't update it before sending it out. Where did you get it? I'd like to warn people against buying from that shop if they're selling outdated carts.

Anyways, you can update it yourself, but not on that 3DS (since that 3DS won't run it right now). You need to download the firmware/3DS/compatibility update from r4ids.cn and put it on the MicroSD, then put the R4 into another DS model that will run it. An original DS or DS Lite is the best bet, they don't have firmware updates that block carts. A DSi or another 3DS may work, but it's hit-or-miss depending on how updated the system is.

Once you have the cart running, you launch the firmware update like you would a ROM (it shows up the same way), then tell it to apply the update and wait for it to finish. Once that's done you can use it in the 3DS (and avoid updating the 3DS).

xanie

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I worked it out, thank goodness. As it turned out, R4i had released multiple patches depending on the cart you had - but I got confused and ended up downloading the wrong one. The problem's fixed now, I managed to get the right one and update my R4i.

Everything works fine now!!

Thank you everyone!

ccc123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a very similar problem.

I bought the cart from zhuzhuchina and my 3dS is ver 3.0.0 - 6. The card does not load up with or without a microsd inserted into it. This does this mean i have a bum card or could it possilby mean my card is not updated to work on my3ds version.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*