Gaming Bored and felt like posting something

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone else just been playing mostly simple indie games because some how they give more of a feeling of success. For example was Playing ICEY and finished the game and i got a greater feeling of acomplishment then When i beat Xenoblade chronicles 2. Now im not saying ICEY is better, afterall i havent touched the game since i beat it and im still messing around in XB2. Maybe its the difficulty curve or something idk anyone else having a similar feeling as of late.

Also what games have given you the greatest feelings of accomplishment, for me nothing tops the dark souls series for that feeling.

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe inside and out. I like to do one cup at a time and gold starring it before moving on to the next one. I’m in the 150cc cups. That’s the only game I have so far. I’ve got some demos, so I maybe getting Kirby All Stars next.

Reactions: jahrs

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i totally know what you mean ive been at that for like 6 months and im at 200cc and got 3 more cups before i finish what i believe is the last speed setting in the game unless there 200cc mirror. Not gonna lie 200cc is nightmare keep flying off the edges because the acceleration is rediculous and drifting doesnt help as much as in lower ccs

Last edited by jahrs,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Has anyone else just been playing mostly simple indie games because some how they give more of a feeling of success. For example was Playing ICEY and finished the game and i got a greater feeling of acomplishment then When i beat Xenoblade chronicles 2. Now im not saying ICEY is better, afterall i havent touched the game since i beat it and im still messing around in XB2. Maybe its the difficulty curve or something idk anyone else having a similar feeling as of late.

Also what games have given you the greatest feelings of accomplishment, for me nothing tops the dark souls series for that feeling.
How is ICEY on the Switch?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm playing Sky Force everyday before I play anything else and before I stop playing with my Switch (right before I'm going to sleep).
It's just great to smash a round, gets even better with a friend in co op! What a game for only 10 bucks!
Did the same on my Wii U where I've got Sky Force as well (it's another game of the series though).

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its decent(ICEY). runs way faster then on my pc but thats cause my pc sucks. i like the control layout as well on the switch. i think it has something to do with the finality of the games. it doesnt feel like in 3 months ill be playing that same game but with a number on the end.

Last edited by jahrs,

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its an indie game that was on steam and then made its way to the switch. i think it falls under the 2d platformer or action genre but its mostly a meta game like the stanley principle

Reactions: slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its an indie game that was on steam and then made its way to the switch. i think it falls under the 2d platformer or action genre but its mostly a meta game like the stanley principle
Thanks. I just had to google “META” and “Stanley principle”. Im a bit out of the loop, I guess. Lol

Also, do you mean Stanley parable?

Last edited by slaphappygamer,

jahrs

Technician of The Dead
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always took guitar hero as one of those games that are less games and more colorful skill builders like dance dance revolution or rather an arcade game. something that you play not for the story but just for the score or the reputation. as such i think that falls basically under this category and if you find getting a high ass score on it more satifying then playing another game you know exactly what im talking about.

Been playing 20XX that games a pain but its definitely satifying to beat the final two bosses. wish they had gone a step further though with the weapons maybe i havent unlocked it but i wouldve love a way to fuse primary weapons or at least upgrade them besides just damage and speed like wider spread or different firing angles. not including the 3way shot or cross shot.

Last edited by jahrs,

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
if I didn't have a couple of games lined up on my 3DS, I'd be playing Mario & Rabbids and/or Hollow Knight on my Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Cuz it's some kind of holiday related to the town I live in
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Am I [R WORD]?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?