loosing interest in my switch console help

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off sorry if this post isnt allowed on here i didnt know where else to post it

so i recently bought a switch animal crossing console this past friday. so i have only had the switch about 5 days or so. bought it through walmarts affirm credit program if it matters. so after having the switch for a few days honestly as cool as the system is im not interested in it i mean it just sits in the dock collecting dust. some would say i have buyers remorse and maybe you are right. ever since i bought the console i have felt guilty depressed i cant explain it i feel like i should not have bought it, so i tried it out for a few days and i feel like im never gonna use it/play it maybe i bought it just to buy something idk

i guess what im asking this group is have you ever bought a video game or video game console and felt bad assuming you couldnt return it how did you deal with it? how did you come to terms with it honestly im wishing i never bought it i know ill never play it hell i dont even play my PS4 anymore please offer advice and input

Athan17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
there are 2 way in my case.

one is to let it sit and collect dust for years.

second is to buy games you wished or try to buy accessories of the console that give you motivation to play for a while. sometimes these 'motivation' will let you buy more games / accessories and is very addicting.

find some games you might like on switch, what do you play or being addicted to before buying switch? we might recommend you some games that you might not know.

EDIT: the second option, for me personally, is not recommended, it's just that my wife is like that ever since she bought animal crossing switch (the blue/green joycon)

MaluFOx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I deal with buyers remorse.. the first few times I just .. sucked it up and forgot about it after a long time..
ever since then I just only buy stuff on Amazon.. you have a 1 Month return period... usually buyers remorse kicks in around that time for me.. hell even if you have a deal on another shop.. buy it first on amazon, try it, refund it and buy it cheaper elsewhere if needed.

You see I bought the switch on amazon hoping I get a old one and crack it.. thought even if not. .well then ill just buy games and play all legit.. yeah i felt absolutely horrible.. so much money...I returned it and got my money back.
then i looked at ebay for a old switch.. found a cheap one in insanely good condition thats unpatched.. now I feel like I made the best decision ever.. modded the hell out of it and have any game I want.

In the rare chance I can't get something refunded.. I usually resell it on ebay for hopefully around 90% the original price... I just never buy or keep stuff I don't want anymore, you learn from your mistakes.. i guess

tl;dr: Get over it or resell and from now on only use amazon due to long return period...

shivoooooo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Depends.
If you regret because you need the money, just sell it, accept the price cut for being something used.
If you regret because simply not being used, find something else to do with your life.

Reactions: mathew77

madafaka

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
first off sorry if this post isnt allowed on here i didnt know where else to post it

so i recently bought a switch animal crossing console this past friday. so i have only had the switch about 5 days or so. bought it through walmarts affirm credit program if it matters. so after having the switch for a few days honestly as cool as the system is im not interested in it i mean it just sits in the dock collecting dust. some would say i have buyers remorse and maybe you are right. ever since i bought the console i have felt guilty depressed i cant explain it i feel like i should not have bought it, so i tried it out for a few days and i feel like im never gonna use it/play it maybe i bought it just to buy something idk

i guess what im asking this group is have you ever bought a video game or video game console and felt bad assuming you couldnt return it how did you deal with it? how did you come to terms with it honestly im wishing i never bought it i know ill never play it hell i dont even play my PS4 anymore please offer advice and input
more like a mental issue than anything. feeling remorse of artificial things need psychiatric treatment

LeMageFro

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Hello Kaitlin, if you tend to "buy things just to buy something" and then regret it as strongly as you imply here I would also suggest seeking the advice of a mental health professional (there is absolutely no shame in that and it does not imply that you're "crazy" or anything, we all need help sometimes). This could be the kind of behavior you engage in because of deeper and more general causes of unhappiness in your life, and reading your post your emotional response seems quite strong for something that is objectively superficial. If the problem was just money related you could just resell it as others answered, but again from the words you used I would suspect there may be something deeper going on. It's not a healthy behavior to buy things out of impulse and then feel guilty about it to the point of being depressed.

• Love
Reactions: kaitlin459

kaitlin459

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Kaitlin, if you tend to "buy things just to buy something" and then regret it as strongly as you imply here I would also suggest seeking the advice of a mental health professional (there is absolutely no shame in that and it does not imply that you're "crazy" or anything, we all need help sometimes). This could be the kind of behavior you engage in because of deeper and more general causes of unhappiness in your life, and reading your post your emotional response seems quite strong for something that is objectively superficial. If the problem was just money related you could just resell it as others answered, but again from the words you used I would suspect there may be something deeper going on. It's not a healthy behavior to buy things out of impulse and then feel guilty about it to the point of being depressed.

@LeMageFro i plan to speak to my therapist about this later on this week thanks for the concern tho much appreciated

Reactions: LeMageFro

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Why did you even buy it in the first place then?

Reactions: stayingarmed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...