Bored and felt like posting something

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by jahrs, Jul 10, 2018.

1. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    Has anyone else just been playing mostly simple indie games because some how they give more of a feeling of success. For example was Playing ICEY and finished the game and i got a greater feeling of acomplishment then When i beat Xenoblade chronicles 2. Now im not saying ICEY is better, afterall i havent touched the game since i beat it and im still messing around in XB2. Maybe its the difficulty curve or something idk anyone else having a similar feeling as of late.

Also what games have given you the greatest feelings of accomplishment, for me nothing tops the dark souls series for that feeling.

2. slaphappygamer

slaphappygamer The real slaphappygamer

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    I’m playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe inside and out. I like to do one cup at a time and gold starring it before moving on to the next one. I’m in the 150cc cups. That’s the only game I have so far. I’ve got some demos, so I maybe getting Kirby All Stars next.

jahrs likes this.
  3. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    i totally know what you mean ive been at that for like 6 months and im at 200cc and got 3 more cups before i finish what i believe is the last speed setting in the game unless there 200cc mirror. Not gonna lie 200cc is nightmare keep flying off the edges because the acceleration is rediculous and drifting doesnt help as much as in lower ccs

Last edited by jahrs, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    I feel ya, Celeste is stealing my play time and I keep buying more, without touching.

Pip'

5. gunzjones

gunzjones Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    United States
    Texas
    I had that feeling with Blaster Master Zero after beating BotW.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

6. linuxares

linuxares I'm not a generous god!

Aug 5, 2007
    Sweden
    How is ICEY on the Switch?

7. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Addict

Jan 4, 2015
    Germany
    I'm playing Sky Force everyday before I play anything else and before I stop playing with my Switch (right before I'm going to sleep).
    It's just great to smash a round, gets even better with a friend in co op! What a game for only 10 bucks!
    Did the same on my Wii U where I've got Sky Force as well (it's another game of the series though).

8. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    Its decent(ICEY). runs way faster then on my pc but thats cause my pc sucks. i like the control layout as well on the switch. i think it has something to do with the finality of the games. it doesnt feel like in 3 months ill be playing that same game but with a number on the end.

Last edited by jahrs, Jul 11, 2018
  9. slaphappygamer

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    What is “ICEY”?

10. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    Its an indie game that was on steam and then made its way to the switch. i think it falls under the 2d platformer or action genre but its mostly a meta game like the stanley principle

slaphappygamer likes this.
  11. slaphappygamer

Nov 30, 2008
    United States
    Aptos, California
    Thanks. I just had to google “META” and “Stanley principle”. Im a bit out of the loop, I guess. Lol

Also, do you mean Stanley parable?

Last edited by slaphappygamer, Jul 12, 2018
  12. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    yep parable sorry using my phone and the auto correct loves to work and not work randomly.

13. JellyPerson

JellyPerson JellyPerson#6885 on Discord, hmu!

Jul 26, 2017
    Korea, North
    Pyongyang
    Not really. The current game I'm playing is Guitar Hero 3 :-P
    Guess I'm a sucker for rhythm games

14. jahrs
    OP

jahrs GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    New Jersey
    I always took guitar hero as one of those games that are less games and more colorful skill builders like dance dance revolution or rather an arcade game. something that you play not for the story but just for the score or the reputation. as such i think that falls basically under this category and if you find getting a high ass score on it more satifying then playing another game you know exactly what im talking about.

Been playing 20XX that games a pain but its definitely satifying to beat the final two bosses. wish they had gone a step further though with the weapons maybe i havent unlocked it but i wouldve love a way to fuse primary weapons or at least upgrade them besides just damage and speed like wider spread or different firing angles. not including the 3way shot or cross shot.

Last edited by jahrs, Jul 13, 2018
  15. aofelix

aofelix GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 21, 2013
    if I didn't have a couple of games lined up on my 3DS, I'd be playing Mario & Rabbids and/or Hollow Knight on my Switch.