Hacking bootmii

wolverine92

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is there a way i can install bootmii on a wii that wont run dop ios, wadmanager, and when i try to install the hackmii package it says that there is no vonrable ios any way i can do this?

Xras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
can TBR even do that? i'd say try DOP-IOS mod.. try till you find an IOS on which it will run, then restore the necessary IOS's to install HBC/Bootmii ( i think it was 36 and 60???)

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Xras said:
can TBR even do that? i'd say try DOP-IOS mod.. try till you find an IOS on which it will run, then restore the necessary IOS's to install HBC/Bootmii ( i think it was 36 and 60???)

TBR can downgrade/patch the IOS 15, 36 and 37, enough to load Dop-IOS MOD without any problem. BTW, the HBC can be executed under any IOS (I think), but the installer will first search for vulnerabilitys on the ones you mentioned and on the IOS 61.

SnacksHacks

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
wiihbcentral.ucoz.com
XP
Country
United States
IOS61 is a stub IOS I don't recommend using it.... homebrew channel probably doesn't like IOS61 so it won't install on that. Try downgrading your IOS with Wanin's IOS Downgrader.

~Snacks
yay.gif

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assuming you Wii can run any homebrew at all you can use "firmware downgrader" to load whatever version system menu you want (including the same version you already have) to clean up all the IOSs so hackmii installer will work...

Eric

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
SnacksHacks said:
IOS61 is a stub IOS I don't recommend using it.... homebrew channel probably doesn't like IOS61 so it won't install on that. Try downgrading your IOS with Wanin's IOS Downgrader.

~Snacks
yay.gif

uhh, no it isnt. its the wii shop ios.

i think you'll find that most systems 4.0+ the homebrew channel will load using ios61.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
esmith13 said:
assuming you Wii can run any homebrew at all you can use "firmware downgrader" to load whatever version system menu you want (including the same version you already have) to clean up all the IOSs so hackmii installer will work...

Eric

As far as I know, the Firmware Downgrader just installs the System Menu version you choose, the IOS used by it and the MIOS version that was originally shipped with the update, so there won't be any "IOS clean up"...

EDIT: however, the idea proposed by SnacksHacks is very good: patch the IOS 36 with TBR to load the cIOS Installer rev14 under it, install the cIOS and execute the IOS Downgrader. It'll sure work without any problem under one of the downgraded IOS, especially on the 36 v1042.

esmith13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not saying it will be a cleanup per se, but it will load at least one vulnerable IOS on the hackmii list of attacks... I've done this before to load hackmii on a previously softmodded wii that hackmii would not load on.

It is true there are alot of cIOSs and patched official IOSs that a new system menu install won't overwrite.

Eric

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.