bootmii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by wolverine92, Oct 22, 2009.

Oct 22, 2009

bootmii by wolverine92 at 10:00 PM (850 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. wolverine92
    OP

Member wolverine92 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    is there a way i can install bootmii on a wii that wont run dop ios, wadmanager, and when i try to install the hackmii package it says that there is no vonrable ios any way i can do this?

2. DarkMatterCore

Member DarkMatterCore I like turtles.

Venezuela
    Have you tried Trucha Bug Restorer?

3. Xras

Member Xras GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    can TBR even do that? i'd say try DOP-IOS mod.. try till you find an IOS on which it will run, then restore the necessary IOS's to install HBC/Bootmii ( i think it was 36 and 60???)

4. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    TBR can downgrade/patch the IOS 15, 36 and 37, enough to load Dop-IOS MOD without any problem. BTW, the HBC can be executed under any IOS (I think), but the installer will first search for vulnerabilitys on the ones you mentioned and on the IOS 61.

5. SnacksHacks

Newcomer SnacksHacks Advanced Member

United States
    IOS61 is a stub IOS I don't recommend using it.... homebrew channel probably doesn't like IOS61 so it won't install on that. Try downgrading your IOS with Wanin's IOS Downgrader.

~Snacks [​IMG]

6. esmith13

Member esmith13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    assuming you Wii can run any homebrew at all you can use "firmware downgrader" to load whatever version system menu you want (including the same version you already have) to clean up all the IOSs so hackmii installer will work...

Eric

7. 0M39A

Member 0M39A GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    uhh, no it isnt. its the wii shop ios.

i think you'll find that most systems 4.0+ the homebrew channel will load using ios61.

8. DarkMatterCore

Venezuela
    As far as I know, the Firmware Downgrader just installs the System Menu version you choose, the IOS used by it and the MIOS version that was originally shipped with the update, so there won't be any "IOS clean up"...

EDIT: however, the idea proposed by SnacksHacks is very good: patch the IOS 36 with TBR to load the cIOS Installer rev14 under it, install the cIOS and execute the IOS Downgrader. It'll sure work without any problem under one of the downgraded IOS, especially on the 36 v1042.

9. esmith13

Member esmith13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    not saying it will be a cleanup per se, but it will load at least one vulnerable IOS on the hackmii list of attacks... I've done this before to load hackmii on a previously softmodded wii that hackmii would not load on.

It is true there are alot of cIOSs and patched official IOSs that a new system menu install won't overwrite.

Eric