bootmii wont load

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by jurrel, Nov 22, 2009.

1. jurrel
    OP

jurrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2009
    United States
    so i used "error 1035 fix tutorial" here: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=156702&st=0

and uninstalled and re-installed ciosv9.wad, IOS30-64-v1040.wad and IOS36-64-v1042.wad

now my bootmii wont load and i get the blue flashing dvd lights and i cant load any of my homebrew applications. games still work though.

ive got a 4.2u and my bootmii installed as ios.

been trying to run bootmii so that i can use my nand file to recover but, like i said, bootmii isnt working.

is my wii bricked? do you guys have some advice on what i can do to recover?

thanks for your help

2. ziddey

ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 23, 2007
    United States
    why did you follow an outdated guide?

you can still play games. if that makes your wii a brick to you, then well, do with it what you would a brick.

you're lucky it didn't brick though. extremely.

3. jurrel
    OP

jurrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2009
    United States
    sorry, i messed up by following an outdated guide, and im glad it is not completely bricked.

regardless, what is the best way to get bootmii to work again so that i can recover using my nand file then? or to get my homebrew applications to start working again?

4. Krestent

Krestent What to post?

Mar 31, 2009
    United States
    Reinstall bootmii. If HBC doesn't let you run anything, run the hackmii installer using bannerbomb

5. jurrel
    OP

jurrel Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 22, 2009
    United States
    thats what ive been trying to do - reinstall HackMii Installer v0.6 + BannerBomb 4.2. but eveytime it starts to load the boot.dol/elf off of my sd card, the screen just turns black and nothing happens.