The Pink Gato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I HAD my Bootmii folder, NAND.bin, and keys.bin. I backed them up on my computer, and two weeks later, my computer went psycho. I updated BurnAware Free and noticed that it didn't say compatible with Windows 7. Fixed it, did a clean reinstall of Windows. Then I forgot that I lost my backups(including the bootmii files). Now the only brick protection that I have is Preloader v.30. Here are my ideas:

Should I revirginize my Wii, then use the modify any wii 4.2 guide, and then upload my files onto a online data storage site?

Should I just ignore it?

OR Do you recommend anything else?

Thank you in advance.

~modmystuff~

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just run the hackmii installer and on the bootmii section just say prepare sd card and make a new backup if everything is working ok and write it to cd/dvd for safe keeping

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Why would you want to do that? Just run the BootMii installer and Prepare an SD card option. After that just do another backup of your NAND. I don't know why you want to start all over again.

EDIT: bit late

timishu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Although you took the BootMii folder off of your SD card, unless you made a change to your Wii, you should still have BootMii as boot2. Just load the HackMii installer through HBC, then select "Prepare and SD Card" under BootMii. I believe you can load BootMii again.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You could upload it to mediafire, megaupload, etc. as well in case you lose your CD. BTW if you every restore the restore will bring EVERYTHING back to when you did the backup.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@ computerboy, u probably already know this, but if you do a nand restore, it will not restore your boot2. So if you had a nand backup while u had boot2v3, then u did a ninty update to boot2v4, then u reinstall bootmii and restore the old backup it will not restore the old boot2, not that this really matters (unless u intend on downgrading, but why do that?)

The Pink Gato

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
computerboy said:
You could upload it to mediafire, megaupload, etc. as well in case you lose your CD. BTW if you every restore the restore will bring EVERYTHING back to when you did the backup.

I uploaded it to Megaupload. Mediafire won't let me upload my NAND.bin, because free members only can upload 200MB per file.(nand is 560 mb)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30