Hacking Bootmii Gives "No Signal" and restarts Wii

WiiChamp12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello GBATemp Community! I'm a new member here and I have a question hopefully you guys can help me with! (Hopefully I'm posting this in the right place as well).

In regards to Bootmii: I could only install it as an IOS, and I launch it from the HBC. But when I do, the TV then goes to "No signal" then restarts the Wii with the welcome screen. Is there a fix to this?

And also speaking of "restarting", when I click Wii Menu on any game, it literally restarts the Wii and gives the warning screen, instead of the "Wii box animation". I do have preloader installed as well.

Thanks!

WiiChamp12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, I am trying to remember what I installed. I remember installing the patched IOS files so that I can run Wii Backup games. I was never able to get into Bootmii and create a NAND backup. Preloader is set to autoboot to the Wii Menu at IOS70.

The main thing I'm frustrated is that the Wii always does a "restart" instead of returning to the Wii Menu, prompting the "Health Warning" screen every time I press reset (in homebrew) or Wii Menu on all games.

WiiChamp12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play backups through the USB Launcher. If I remember correctly, it downloaded necessary patches automatically, but since it was last week, I am not quite sure exactly which ones it installed.

I do remember I patched IOS249 from waninkoko

WiiChamp12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I got it at Costco. Can you give me good instructions to fix this issue. The main thing I want to clear up is the prevention of a "hard restart" every time I press Wii Menu. It doesn't do give the Wii animation (where the Wii logo transitions from top left to bottom right). Instead, the screen flashes, and gives me the Health and Warning Screen.

Thanks in advance!
smile.gif

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
1) make a nand backup
2) u can't access bootmii probably because u don't have the bootmii folder/files on your sd card (if those are missing, then the HBC's launch bootmii button does nothing). If u lost these files, just launch the hackmii installer again
3) u should follow a good guide to update your cios... I recommend using nus auto downloader from my signature or the complete softmod guide.
4) Reinstall priiloader v0.4, make sure u have the right hacks.ini saved to the root of ur SD card, then enable/disable the hacks u want (to fix ur problem u need to enable the skip health screen, or auto-press A at health screen hacks)

WiiChamp12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I press Format Wii System Memory, will that reinstall the operating system safely? (and then I can reuse banner brick and return all settings back)?

jelmew

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reinstall the bootmii files on the sd. By running hackmii and preparing the sd-card again. It can't boot it, if it isnt there.
rofl2.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong