Hacking BootMii by iso - what's the point?

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As my Wii is one of the Wii that won't install via Boot2, as far as I understand it, BootMii will only work via the HBC. As my Wii won't boot HBC direct from Preloader, I can't see the point of it as it'll only be any good if you can boot HBC from preloader....

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The point of it will be the ability to run BootMii applications once they come out. But since those haven't been made yet you're just going to have to wait for them to be made.

What I think would be good for people in your situation is a modified Preloader or Preloader-like application that launches BootMii before the System Menu. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that in the future.

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
off topic a bit but did you decide on your name because of a character fenrirwolf?

I ask because my fav monster i own in Tales of Synphonia is a Fenirir ice wolf! ( I evolved a black wolf to get it by feeding it things it liked! I have around 40 monsters i have made pacts with..Its as much fun as ff7 was the first time around! Best RPG on the wii!

ecw

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
The point of it will be the ability to run BootMii applications once they come out. But since those haven't been made yet you're just going to have to wait for them to be made.

What I think would be good for people in your situation is a modified Preloader or Preloader-like application that launches BootMii before the System Menu. I wouldn't be surprised to see something like that in the future.

That sounds great. Isn't there a new preloader in the works?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Preloader in its curent form been discontinued, actually. But I'd imagine someone could take its source and eventually make a BootMii-IOS preloader.

Col70

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Why is it misleading - basically if you can't install BootMii to Boot2 then it's pretty much a waste of time right?

ddp127

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
the title is misleading, because it says bootmii by iso, isos are games
tongue.gif

and it is not a waste of time, because it enables you to backup your nand, and to run ppc code

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
well if the source wont be made available for someone to make a modified version, could someone make an app to be booted with preloader which will boot BootMii? Sorta like Crazy Intro, only able to boot BootMii. Then people could install it in their Wii, and if they brick, turn on holding reset and select Load File, then BootMii will run and they can restore their NAND dump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-